Studebaker overload

Started by 58 Yeoman, May 21, 2006, 07:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I was riding around on the cycle today, and stopped in this tiny town of Lowpoint, IL.  I'd been there before, but never had my camera with me.  I started snapping pix of the Studes, and this old fella comes up the street, and I ask him if they are his.  He said they were, and it was okay if I took pix (some people don't like you even being around their cars).  I asked him if he ever sells anything, and he said yep.  He took me inside the old building to see his Avanti, that he drives once in a while; his red PU, his 39 Stude, and a couple cars he's working on for customers.  It is really dark in there, and I had to lighten up some of the pix just to be able to see them.

If anyone needs parts for a Stude, give him a call.  His name is Don Gay, Box 77, Lowpoint, IL. 61545.  309-443-5217, tell him Phil sent you.  My guess is that he's in this 70's, but gets around really well.  The two bullet-nosed cars belong to cutomers, the yellowish one is a convertible.  Between the convert and Avanti is a 3/4 T PU frame, belongs to a customer also.

The Metro and the Model A (?) were taken in other places.

Go here and click on the May 21, 06 album to see the pix.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=58yeoman&x=10&y=13
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

alchevy

Well...you must of sent too many folks to that link today because they were overloaded too and I couldn't get there. I have a friend that's got that Stude disease too. I will send him that link when it gets to where we can see it.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

I was able to look at the pictures last night, quite a collection he has. My friend enjoyed the pictures too.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com