38 Ford the air was filled with smoke and thunder

Started by Kctom, March 28, 2004, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

Well been awhile, so here is the update. Ron and I worked the last 2 sat. on the wiring. Needing a little thrill we fired up the engine. A 388 c.i. chevy small block.WOW!!!!!!!  Boyd Cottington wa right, the best part of building a hot rod is firing up the engine. My smile was so big you could see I needed dental work.But that will have to wait till the car is done.In the mean time I'll get me a set of them Billy Bob teeth to make me look good. Any how the next week should just about wind it up. May get to drive it real soon. The plates came yesterday. I really wanted ,GRRREAT.
Kinda a Tony Tiger thing. The DMV gave me my second choice FO38RD. So I guess I'll have to sell the Tony Tiger suit. Woild have looked cool tony with Billy Bon teeth standing next to car at shows. Wifey is yelling at me to go to swap and shop, so gotta go.
TOM  :lol:

phat46

Needing a little thrill we fired up the engine. A 388 c.i. chevy small block.WOW!!!!!!!  Boyd Cottington wa right, the best part of building a hot rod is firing up the engine. My smile was so big you could see I needed dental work.]
Congrats!
I agree, and it's especially good with open headers!  Next best is making it move under it's own power. I did that this past week, a piece of flat stock for a shift lever; open pipes; cab full of fumes; engine barking and snortin'; trans fluid spraying on the floor, I eased her out of the shop to share the music with the neighbors. When I judged that I had lost enough trans fluid, I pulled her back into the shop....one small dry hop on the concrete.... I'm a long ways from plates yet, I'm a little jealous  :)

Smokin Joe

Somebody with a G.T.O. probably has the plate you wanted.
You're right, there's nothing like firing up a new engine the first time.
Better than when you first sit between the empty frame rails on a milk crate and make Vroom, Vroom noises :wink:

purplepickup

It's been a lot of work between the milk crate and now, eh?  I wish I had your ambition.   You've built two cars since I've done anything significant on my projects. :?

We haven't seen a picture lately....do you have any?
George

Kctom

Quote from: "purplepickup"It's been a lot of work between the milk crate and now, eh?  I wish I had your ambition.   You've built two cars since I've done anything significant on my projects. :?

We haven't seen a picture lately....do you have any?

Most of the stuff I've done lately has been under the car or in the car. Will try and get a couple pictures this week. Not working has given me a lot of time to work on the car. Only advantage of being 63 years old. Did go back to work a week ago. But gave it up, was not getting anything done on the car. Got another week before I have to help a buddy out on a job. He wants me to work full time laying brick for him, the moiney is good and is really needed. Cars make you broke. So have to get alot done this week.
TOM

Kctom

Quote from: "Kctom1"Well been awhile, so here is the update. Ron and I worked the last 2 sat. on the wiring. Needing a little thrill we fired up the engine. A 388 c.i. chevy small block.WOW!!!!!!!  Boyd Cottington wa right, the best part of building a hot rod is firing up the engine. My smile was so big you could see I needed dental work.But that will have to wait till the car is done.In the mean time I'll get me a set of them Billy Bob teeth to make me look good. Any how the next week should just about wind it up. May get to drive it real soon. The plates came yesterday. I really wanted ,GRRREAT.
Kinda a Tony Tiger thing. The DMV gave me my second choice FO38RD. So I guess I'll have to sell the Tony Tiger suit. Woild have looked cool tony with Billy Bon teeth standing next to car at shows. Wifey is yelling at me to go to swap and shop, so gotta go.
TOM  :lol:

My typing has improved, up to 20 works in 5 min. But the spelling thing has gone down hill.

kc ron

I have to admit, Toms car sounds awsum, it will be a couple of days before I can hear again but I thought he already had the Billy Bobs in. :P
Ron  :roll:

47wood

Congrats!  Firing that mill up on a Rod the first time is as close to child birth as us guys can get!!! :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!