Straycat 500 in Dewey, Oklahoma

Started by Dirty31, May 01, 2006, 02:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"What date in June?

Puebelo is do-able from Amarillo. 8)

Vance

Pueblo is very do-able from Amarillo.

June 23-25 last I looked.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"What date in June?
Puebelo is do-able from Amarillo. 8) Vance

June 23rd, 24th & 25th
Colorado State Fairgrounds
Pueblo, Colorado

http://www.nsra-usa.com/

Get your money in soon and save $10.  You'll need it for gas :cry: .

Pueblo had better be do-able.  Looks like it is only 320 miles from you.  I have to go about 430.  I was through Amarillo going east and then west a couple weeks ago in 1FATGMC.

With John's help I was on cruise coming back.  I don't know why I waited so long to install cruise on my truck.  For $100 my legs might still take trips with me 8) .  They were about ready to stay home with old age creeping in.  I would recommend the audiovox cruise to anyone.

Hopefully for once maybe we will have an RRT contingency at Pueblo.  

c ya, Sum

EMSjunkie

Thanks for the info Sum, I appreciate it.
I'll start saving my money, I'll need it just for gas :shock:  :shock:

got an extra tear-drop for me to stay in?
won't have money for a hotel/motel :x

hope to see ya'all there

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

kb426

Vance, the motels fill up a year in advance. You can try to find a room at Colorado city which is south of Pueblo around 20 miles. The next choice is Colorado Springs. There is a Super 8 on the north end that might be cheap. That's around 1 hour from Pueblo. When it gets closer, I'll post a topic and see if we can meet somewhere. I usally go up and back in 1 day. It's 220 miles one way for me.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"Vance, the motels fill up a year in advance. You can try to find a room at Colorado city which is south of Pueblo around 20 miles. The next choice is Colorado Springs. There is a Super 8 on the north end that might be cheap. That's around 1 hour from Pueblo. When it gets closer, I'll post a topic and see if we can meet somewhere. I usally go up and back in 1 day. It's 220 miles one way for me.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate the info.
hope to see you there.
I promise you won't have to chase me down this time.  :shock:  :lol:  :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

1FATGMC

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"got an extra tear-drop for me to stay in?
won't have money for a hotel/motel :x Vance

Give me the gas money and I'll haul it over there for you :D .  They upped the camping rates so high it doesn't make sense to take it and my friend needs a motel room.  I reserved one about 3 months ago at Motel 6 and it was only about $45 a night for the two of us.  Of course when we get there they will probably try and raise that to $90.

Someone post a meeting place later.  We usually park up along the old vendors building south and a little west of the big fountain.

c ya, Sum

EMSjunkie

Sum, Sorry I missed you the last couple trips thru Amarillo :(

maybe next time. I gotta see 1FATGMC, plus meeting you would be nice too. :lol:

since its only 300 miles from here, we may just run up friday night, try to find a place in either Colorado or Manitou Springs, or closer. spend Saturday there and come back Sunday. thats the peliminary plan, but its not set in stone yet.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

1FATGMC

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Sum, Sorry I missed you the last couple trips thru Amarillo :(

maybe next time. I gotta see 1FATGMC, plus meeting you would be nice too. :lol:

since its only 300 miles from here, we may just run up friday night, try to find a place in either Colorado or Manitou Springs, or closer. spend Saturday there and come back Sunday. thats the peliminary plan, but its not set in stone yet.

Vance

It is hard to catch me going thru.  Usually it is the middle of the day driving wise and I'm trying to make time.  Going east I left here in the morning and got to Hooley's past Tulsa that day (1000 miles).  Coming back I left John's and was going to drive all the way home in one day, but started to get altitude sickness by Grants, NM and called it a day even though it wasn't that late.

Sounds like your plan with the motel might be the best bet.  I still think rooms open up at the last minute.  There are always people that you see at the motel that you know were just driving down the interstate and pulled in.  I think even when they book and say they are full they still resereve some rooms.  I think this happens a Wendover for b'ville also.

Look forward to meeting some new guys/gals from RRT :D .

c ya, Sum

EMSjunkie

I can see now why you put cruise on 1FATGMC. :shock:  :shock:

may be a change of plans.........a buddy of mine has a 55 chevy, and wants to go to GoodGuys in Loveland CO. in june, not sure what the dates are, but I may go there instead :?

we'll see when the time gets closer.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders