is this workable?

Started by river1, May 02, 2006, 07:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/caddycarlo/page4.html

i'm not trying to make it prettier but i need to add a groove to the front of my water pump. is there a stock type two groove pulley that might work on a caddy 500?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Some of the early 70's 472 engines had a two groove water pump pulley.

The spacer idea will work, but I think I would rather have a round spacer for better support. A solid aluminum spacer with a .625 steel hub pin pressed in it  would allow you to run a fan too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"Some of the early 70's 472 engines had a two groove water pump pulley.

do you mean the one with the smaller pulley behind the bigger pulley? if so i need the groove in front of the other pulley

Quote from: "enjenjo"The spacer idea will work, but I think I would rather have a round spacer for better support. A solid aluminum spacer with a .625 steel hub pin pressed in it  would allow you to run a fan too.  

cool

i would be using a solid spacer if i do this.
would using two singles stacked together work? i'm thinking the front one reversed to mate the offset together.

would there be any long term stress on the water pump in either situation?

thanks jim

PS there is a tech article in this eventually.

enjenjo

Ok then the earlier pulley won't work for you.  Just find a pulley at the salvage yard with two grooves, and adapt it as needed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"Ok then the earlier pulley won't work for you.  Just find a pulley at the salvage yard with two grooves, and adapt it as needed.

COOL
that'll be my plan

thanks frank

later jim