ac brackets

Started by river1, April 27, 2006, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

i was lookin at brackets designs for ideas for my chevy and came across this pic.

does the compressor need more support than this? it seems to me that when the AC cycles there would be quite a bit of movement causing belt slip. or am i over analyzing things. BTW these are bills hot rod brackets tho the alan grove brackets were similar in their ac support.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

Jim,

I have Alan Groves on the small block in the '40. The A/C pump pivots on one set of ears and adjusts on the adjacent set. Seems to work just fine.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Jim,

I have Alan Groves on the small block in the '40. The A/C pump pivots on one set of ears and adjusts on the adjacent set. Seems to work just fine.

Charlie

Me too. I like 'em.  :)

the a/c bracket has an adjustment bolt under under the compressor. its kinda hard to reach from the top. but other than that, they are pretty good brackets. reasonable prices too.  :D  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I've used Bill's brackets in the past, never a problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

COOL :b-d:

thanks guys

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

zzebby

What compressor are you planning to use ?  I've had bad experiences with some GM factory ones. In AZ we need max cool.