Flowmaster Stainless Muffler??

Started by 40, April 25, 2006, 11:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just received the rod builders stainless exhaust kit and the Flowmaster Delta Flow mufflers from JEGS for my current 37 Sedan project. The mufflers are supposed to be "409 Stainless" but I'm not sure if they are.They appear to be made of regular steel and painted gray....it even appears that they are rusting where the paint was rubbed? I'm not that familiar with "409" stainless but a magnet sticks to these mufflers like glue. The cartons/invoice had the correct part # on them and the mufflers have "409" embossed on them.....Just wondering if I got the right product??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Yes you did. 409 is what is used on OE exhausts now days. It has less nickle in it, so is magnetic, and it will rust to some extent. It does last much longer than mild steel. It's also easier to weld than 308 stainless
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Thanks Frank......I thought they were the right ones but the rust really threw me! They sure are ugly  :shock:

SKR8PN

Quote from: "40"Thanks Frank......I thought they were the right ones but the rust really threw me! They sure are ugly  :shock:

Ya but they sure SOUND good :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Ya but they sure SOUND good :lol:[/quote]

That's why I paid the ridiculous price :P
Jim....It's good to see you are still keeping an eye on us around here!How's the "Go Fast" car coming along?