Late? model FI harness question

Started by Jbird, March 27, 2004, 07:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

I'm just starting a project installing a 95 LT1 engine& trans out of a cop Caprice into a 93 civilian Caprice. I was wondering if it's possible for a dude of my limited intelligence to integrate the engine wiring harness from the 95 into the chassis harness of the 93. I've got the complete engine and chassis harness out of the 95 and I just pulled the engine, trans and complete engine harness out of the 93.
 Is this sort of wiring conundrum covered in chocos' books?
     Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

unklian

Shouldn't it just about be a bolt in?

The earlier Caprice probably had the Throttle Body Injection,
so there will probably be an extra electric fuel pump
and the lines to go with it.

Jbird

I have to use the higher pressure LT1 fuel pump and lines. The fuel lines enter the engine compartment up the rear of the engine close to the firewall on the LT1 opposed to right about where the fuel line would connect to a non FI engine on the 93 TBI. I think the biggest problem is the 4L60e trans and using the LT1s computer. I've been studying wiring diagrams till my eyes are crossed, maybe I'll just wank off for a day and take another look on monday.
 Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

WZ JUNK

Choco's book is great but I do not think it will answer all of your questions because I think you are needing information that was not in the theme of his book.  I bought an original factory manual (about the size of a New York City phone book) for the donor throttle body car that I am using and it is incredible.  Since I am using the complete harnass from the donor car it can tell me what each connector and wire is and how to trouble shoot.  I bought the book off of ebay for about 1/3 ($45) of what the dealer wanted for it.  I think that a manual for your donor car would help a lot.  It was a lot to pay for a book but it has been worth the price.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

choco

Quote from: "Jbird"I'm just starting a project installing a 95 LT1 engine& trans out of a cop Caprice into a 93 civilian Caprice. I was wondering if it's possible for a dude of my limited intelligence to integrate the engine wiring harness from the 95 into the chassis harness of the 93. I've got the complete engine and chassis harness out of the 95 and I just pulled the engine, trans and complete engine harness out of the 93.
 Is this sort of wiring conundrum covered in chocos' books?
     Jbird 8)

My books are Reference Manuals, in other words, they should be backed up by factory manuals when hot rodding engine management systems. My TPI book covers all this, but only for the 86 - 89 type TPI. My latest book (Electronic Engine Management) gives  you the information you need to work it out for yourself, and show you how to modify a factory system, but like WZJunk says, the factory manuals will help you out no end.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>