More Katrina storm damage

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, April 15, 2006, 10:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

we recieved a t-400 tranny shipped in from the storm area.  The tranny had been under water and the customer wanted us to freshen it up.

As the photo shows , the tranny is a total losss
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"we recieved a t-400 tranny shipped in from the storm area.  The tranny had been under water and the customer wanted us to freshen it up.

As the photo shows , the tranny is a total losss

Aww come on, all it needs is all new internals and a new case, it'll be good as new!!!!  :roll:   I have seen a lot of hurricane damaged cars on E Bay, the apparently have a "Hurricane Damage" title  now. Most of what i have seen is beyond logical repair.

58 Yeoman

Years ago, I was friends with this couple who were really into boating.  He used an old Chevelle wagon to tow his boat to the lake and back.  One day, he didn't put it in park, and the boat, trailer and car went into the lake.  The boat was still attached by the cable.  They towed the car and trailer out, and he had it towed to his house.  He drained all the fluids and changed them, then let it sit out in the sun to dry out.  After it was all dried out, he called the wrecker back to tow it to the salvage yard.  What a treat! :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Mike T

That pretty much looks like everything in my shop right now, all coutesy of Katrina.  Amazing what 7' of salt water can do..
1931 Ford Roadster on Deuce Rails-327/tripower/muncie 4sp.
1937 Ford Tudor Slant-350/700R4

jaybee

Just flush it out, should be good as new!   :twisted:
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

GPster

Quote from: "jaybee"Just flush it out, should be good as new!   :twisted:
I hope you're right! I still am hoping that the cast-iron powerglide that got submerged in Ivan of '04 is better with just the flush. It turns the wheels and moves the vehicle but I still keep an open eye for one to appear. Got my name on one in Indy now. GPster