After three weeks of racing our youngest does good

Started by moparrodder, April 09, 2006, 08:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparrodder

Well our youngest son Andrew made ole dad proud last night with his first win in stock car racing!!  This is his first try at racing the dirt track and has done really good so far.  He and his older brother worked as pit crew for three brothers last year, they had a late model, modified and street stock so this year Andrew wanted to try his luck and built an entry level Hornet(4banger fwd) to see if he liked it and was a cheep way to start out.  The first two weeks he had second place finishes and last night he won the feature. I don't know who was happier Andy or dad. lol  He started in the back row outside and ran to the front by the second lap and never looked back, was pretty cool watching him race and get a win.  After he left the tech lane after the feature he poped a front wheel stud going back to the pits, so today we tore it down and will replace all the studs to be safe and will be ready for next Saturday nights race.  

Bill

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

parklane

Good for you and your son Bill. Makes you feel good all over, more than any place else, eh??

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

EMSjunkie

Congrats to both of ya!!!

that first win will always be remembered.

Go fast, turn left. 8)  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

That's great! Sounds like he's a natural!! gotta take some pics so the rest of us can see too!!!

jaybee

Hey that's awesome, congratulations to him on a job well done!  If I remember correctly you said he's racing in Harlan.  Never been there but I had a high school friend who took his very first driving lesson on that track and my Dad went up there to watch Tiny Lund before he made the jump to NASCAR.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Congrats,Bill! Give Andy a pat on the back for me!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

moparrodder

Quote from: "phat46"That's great! Sounds like he's a natural!! gotta take some pics so the rest of us can see too!!!

Joe.  the pics we took in the winners circle after the races were kinda darkbut I did get one in the feature before it got dark comming out of turn 2 on the first lap closing on the car in front to go for the lead.  

He got a good jump on the green flag and looked like a little old lady on her way to a half price sale at the mall zig zaging through the pack down the front stretch.    in the next one , all loaded up and ready to go racing the first week of racing, as you can see it was cold and the snow in the background

and the trophy and checkered flag, this one is kinda dark,

The ole car aint much just an old 88 Honda Accord with 240 thousand miles but it don't smoke  and was cheep, 700 dollor investment including the roll cage harness window net and racing seat and a few small items.  We gutted it out and had a friend that we help pit crew weld in the cage and we did all the rest.  It was a good time working with Andy, being number three son I didn't get to spend much time with him and this project  working together was priceless to say the least. He says since I'm the major sponser I can be crew chief but he makes all the decisions, lol  Were still doing some changes like doing some more painting, His brother is going to add some yellow flames to the front and a few more do dads here and there.  If he keeps going like he is so far he should win enough payout to be on the plus side the middle of June, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!     Bill

Bill