A new project for Purpletruckguy

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, April 02, 2006, 07:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

In Tombstone i saw this little project for George.....

:arrow:   :wink:  :wink:

there is a sign that tells you the vehicle is under video cameras to watch for vandals.  I think the cameras are broken
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

"In Tombstone...." That sure seems fitting  :lol:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Ok Tony, I know I've earned a reputation for buying a lot of junkers but even I can't see a future in that one. :wink:

Besides I just picked this up last night.  I'll bet I paid less than they'd want for that one and it even runs :lol:

George

phat rat

Hey George the wife has one of those. Hers is a 98 what's your's? Is it the touring cpe?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat rat"Hey George the wife has one of those. Hers is a 98 what's your's? Is it the touring cpe?
Yes, it's a touring coupe....a '92 but the guy I got it from was a nut about fixing any little thing that went wrong.  He even had the tranny rebuilt and there wasn't anything wrong with it.  It's in really good shape.
George

phat rat

My wife loves hers it had less than 60,000 on it when she bought it last Nov. It's about time for her to put it in storage though. Getting close to convertible weather and she's got an 02 Mustang for a summer car. Just like us with the rods a summer car and a winter car.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"Ok Tony, I know I've earned a reputation for buying a lot of junkers but even I can't see a future in that one. :wink:

oh , I do not think I can really pick on any body about buying rough old cars with the pile I have.....

:shock:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

enjenjo

There's not enough metal there to make one real car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

I'm really surprised that all of you look at this and can't see a chance to re-create Sumner's uncle's race car. That hood looks long enough to get a straight eight under. I wonder if there's a title for it (I'm sure there's a title for me)? Unfortunately those fenders are the wrong style. The best looking Crosley I ever saw was at a NSRA Nats one year but I think it had Model "A" fenders on it. GPster                                                              P.S. While I'm talking about Sumner and race cars. How streamlined would a '48 Pontiac Fleetline be running backwards? I know you already have some knowlege of the mechanicals.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "enjenjo"There's not enough metal there to make one real car.

Frank, at first I thought you were talking about the Tombstone project. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Nope, I was talking about Tony's cars. I used to carry a lunch box bigger than that.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Nope, I was talking about Tony's cars. I used to carry a lunch box bigger than that.

...It shows.... :roll:

goldstar

Quote from: "Crosley"In Tombstone i saw this little project for George.....  

:arrow:   :wink:  :wink:  

there is a sign that tells you the vehicle is under video cameras to watch for vandals.  I think the cameras are broken

Greetings  
Looks like an awesome street racer to me. Any big OHV 8 cylinder or Jimmie 302, move the E brake to outside the body, lower the steering column by about half. Theres nothing missing that can't be made by hand. Is it for sale, how much? Thanks for sharing  
Bob  
PS Methinks the Oregon rain is waterlogging my brain.