39 Chevy Cowl Lacing

Started by MikeC, March 31, 2006, 05:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeC

I am in the process of finishing the 39 and have forgotten how this installs (CRS).  Does anyone have a picture of their 37-39 Chevy cowl with the hood off or at least exposed?  It is the lacing that acts as the bumper for the hood to the cowl.  Do you leave it as one continuous strip or is it cut in the middle?  How is it fastened, by only the few screws?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
MikeC

Scrap Fe

Mike,

I can take a digital photo when I get home tonight and email it to you.  PM me with your email address.

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "MikeC"Do you leave it as one continuous strip or is it cut in the middle?  How is it fastened, by only the few screws?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
MikeC

Mine is two pieces - Splits in the middle. Also only has 3 screws & clamps on each side. Here's some pics :D

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

n.c.rodder

n.c.rodder

n.c.rodder

Scrap Fe

Mike,

Mine is just like N.C. Rodder's except it is easier to see on his car.  My car is black.

MikeC

Thanks guys,
This is exactly what I needed.  I took this all apart so long ago, although I have all the brackets and screws labeled in baggies, I could not figure out which pieces went where.
Thanks again.
Mike

DrJ

My '40 GMC is the same looking lace with a retaining wire in that channel and the same clips.
I got mine from Chev's of the '40's in Washougal WA.
I just looked at mine, looks like it's about time for a new one.
Hell, I just put it in there 14 years ago! :wink: