What I got done lately

Started by enjenjo, March 26, 2006, 09:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Well today I got the Short block for my 65 Buick assembled.  I've only had the parts for 5 months. :shock:  We also got the A motor out of the sprint car torn down, and mostly cleaned up, when the rings come in, I can put that together. The trans for the sprint car is rebuilt, new bearings, good gears, and rebuilt shifter, painted and ready to install. The rear hubs have been machined to fit the knockoff adapters, and redrilled to six lug. the steering box is also rebuilt, and ready to install. I'm getting a pretty large pile of parts that  are done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

So...ya just been sittin' around enjoying your retirement huh?   :lol:

WZ JUNK

I am glad that things are going better and that you are making progress.  Around here if something goes right, it is so that something else can go wrong.  I did finish up work today on the chopped custom and it leaves in the morning.  A short ( ha ha) wiring job is coming in next.  It is a MGTD replica.   When it is finished I have work to do on the truck I am taking to NSRA OKC the weekend after next.  Retirement keeps us all busy.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Unfotunately, I found out today I have the rings in wrong, so I have to pull the pistons and do them over :x  At least I didn't have the heads on.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Unfotunately, I found out today I have the rings in wrong, so I have to pull the pistons and do them over :x  At least I didn't have the heads on.

this would be on the buick motor?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Around here if something goes right, it is so that something else can go wrong.   John

I have been lovingly :roll:  referred to as a "Fecal Magnet" at work.
I seem to attract the worst. :shock:

I had two partners request shift trades because every time they work with me something bad happens.  :evil:  :evil:

usually a nasty accident, or a full blown cardiac arrest after a big plate of spaghetti.  :oops:

sorry, hope I didn't give anyone a "visual"  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quotethis would be on the buick motor?

Yes, I switched the top and second rings.