One Down,One To Go!

Started by 40, March 30, 2006, 12:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well,This old pump should look good at the new shop! Now,I just need to drive out to Colorado to pick it up.A buddy of mine bought it for me and will pick it up and store it at his house until I retrieve it.Still looking for a mate for it hopefully with a Texaco theme.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

All the ones I see are going for stupid money, one of these days....
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Ya know, I could probably save you the trip and pick it up and store it at my place for you.  Of course, I won't tell you where that is, but what the heck, what are bulletin board buddies for?  :wink:

Looks good and I agree with Frank,
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

You know.....That's EXACTLY what my friend said! He too,offered to store it for an extended length of time providing,of course,that I sent the check to reimburse him for the purchase :lol: Originally,I wanted to buy a couple of old Tokeim pumps and restore them myself but after doing my homework,I found that if you are patient,you can buy them restored for much less than doing them yourself.Most of the old,rusty and dented pumps in my area are selling for $350 to $500......sandblasting/metal repair,painting,and the replacement of broken/missing parts will triple that in a hurry....not to mention my time.I decided I'd rather be cruising!!There are tons of pumps for sale and as you guys have said....they are bringing stupid money....way over my budget.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

58 Yeoman

I sold this Gilbarco on ebay a year or so ago for around $350.  Mostly complete, but needed complete restoration.  Guy drove from Ohio to pick it up.

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil