Finally some pics!

Started by 48builder, March 17, 2006, 06:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I finally got a digital camera. This is the first time I have tried to reduce the pics for web use, so be patient with me.

The first one is a shot of the body. If you know Chevy's you will recognize that Chevy never made slanted B-pillars on  the sedan. They are from a coupe, as are the doors. Also notice the vertical line of welds behind the B-pillar. That is where I shortened the body 2-3/32". The fron was chopped 2-1/4, and the back about 1/4" to get the look I wanted.

The next is a shot of the front lights. I made an eyebrow over the headlight, which doesn't show well. I'll try again sometime. The turn light also has a little eyebrow over it that is not done yet. I got the idea for the light setup from White-Freightliner semi trucks.

Next is a shot of the LT1 sitting in the engine bay. Not pretty yet, but I'm still figuring out where to put everything.

Then the back end. I sectioned the decj lid about 3", and tunneled in mid-80's Corvette lights. I made the rear pan. The half bumper is sitting there while I decide whether to make a split bumper in the back, or just bring it in closer to the body, or maybe both.

Finall my dash. Notice my high-efficiency heating unit. I just had this made by my local shop that is closing in May. I bought the steel from them a couple months ago, and they rolled this, made me a couple U-channels and charged me $10. I'm going to put the original stainless dash center on this, changing the shape to match my new dash cluster. I'll send updates as I do that.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

48builder

'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

48builder

Well, I didn't get the order right, but at least they are all there! :oops:
'39 Chevy driver

kb426

Just as a heads up: there is a shareware utility called Photogadget. Once it's installed, you can right click on any jpeg and resize it in many ways. It sure makes it easy.
TEAM SMART

donsrods

Starting to look good. The slanted posts are a nice touch, and will keep the "experts" guessing at car shows. (Did Chevy ever actually build one of these?)

This will be a really comfortable car for long cruises. Not like us dumb roadster guys who get rained on and are all cramped up. :D  :D  :D

Keep sending pix as you go. Thanks for sharing.

Don

phat46

That's some nice work; it's sure to have people scratching their heads for a while.  I pie cut the hood on my '46, it really helps eliminate the "nose high" look of these cars, just a thought while you have the saw and welder out. Did you shorten the body to line the windshield posts  up after the chop? It looks really nice being shortened that much, kinda like a coupe limo....keep the pics coming!

Ornberg

Nice Chevy Walt.
Looks good with the slanted b-pillar. What kind of door handle do you use? What kind of driveline except the LT1? I look forward for more pics.

Per

48builder

Quote from: "phat46"That's some nice work; it's sure to have people scratching their heads for a while.  I pie cut the hood on my '46, it really helps eliminate the "nose high" look of these cars, just a thought while you have the saw and welder out. Did you shorten the body to line the windshield posts  up after the chop? It looks really nice being shortened that much, kinda like a coupe limo....keep the pics coming!

Yes, I do plan on pie-cutting the hood as well. Maybe an inch or so. I did shorten the body to line up the posts rather than filling the roof or slanting the rear window. My goal for building the car is to have people look at the car and wonder what is different about it. Standing by itself it will not look that radical, but next to a stocker the changes should be very evident.

Per, the rear suspension is the Z28 rear, with panhard bar, trailing arms and torgue arm. I built brackets to hold everything. It uses the stock Camaro shocks, and a sway bar I bent up from a S-10. I'll take a pic of it. The front suspension is a '87 Grand Prix clip. The door handles are big GM units from an Oldsmobile. I took the whole thing including the lock with built in solenoid. I put the latch and handle in the same positions as stock so I could use the stock rods that go from the handle to the latch, and I made rods to connect the latch to the interior handles that came from a Subaru. They work great, and cost me $0.

Now that I have a camera, you guys will get tired of my pics!

Walt
'39 Chevy driver