Boyd Coddington can't drive a Model "T"!!

Started by jeffa, February 21, 2006, 04:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

I saw the show too. I think the car was turned into a piece of junk with the stupid looking rear quarter windows etc. But it's only a T. There's hundreds of them that are already restored and sitting somewhere absolutely useless to anyone other than some guy that like to stare at his old tin. "It was too nice to hot rod" no such thing in my book. I had a mint original deuce three window a few years ago that was NOT nice to cut, but I thought too valuable as it was. I sold it to a restorer, now I'm kicking myself in the butt for not chopping it when I had the chance.

Kctom

Quote from: "40"I am definitely not defending Boyd....I don't care for or watch his show at all but I am guilty of starting with the nicest,most complete car I can get my hands on.....I have done my fair share of * off the local restorers! I have a great deal of respect for the fellows who can take an old hunk of $h*t and turn it into a rose.I don't possess the skills needed to accomplish this myself and have found that I am farther ahead $$ wise to start with a nice old restored car rather than spend the $$ at the body shop.I also believe I end up with a better finished project.The joy in owning an old car for me is driving it.....That said,if my options were driving a stock T or riding a horse.....I'd opt for the horse! :P

You took the words right off my keyboard. Buy the best car you can find and afford. It will cost you less money in the long run. Sell the parts you don't use to someone else. When I did the 30 Pontiac. Sold parts on e-bay. Got a e-mail cussing me  for street rodding it. told me there was only about 8 in the world left. E-mailed him back and said " good 7 more to street rod" you can guess what his reply was!!!!!!!!

Leon

I've gotten death threats from Packard owners that couldn't see cutting up a Packard.    I guess they don't like my take on the original saying " Ask the man who owns one",  I say " Ask the man who cut one up" :lol:

donsrods

Uncle Bob said:

We're rodders for pete's sake, we're supposed to tick off restorers/preservers of stock stuff............read the manual!

That's funny. That's REAL funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The only time I got really PO'd at a  car getting cut up was when Jesse James dropped that 10,000 lb weight on that pristine Anglia on Monster Garage. That was the end of Jesse James for me.  What pure waste that was.

Don

bucketmouth

Quote from: "donsrods"Uncle Bob said:

We're rodders for pete's sake, we're supposed to tick off restorers/preservers of stock stuff............read the manual!

Restorers rebuild them the way they were and hotrodders build them like they should have been.

I'm a bit like Jeffa that car was to good to pull down, something a little less pristine would have sufficed.
Boyd could have used something that really needed saving from the scrap heap after all it's a build off between Boyd and Bluebear. And did you see what Bluebear had to work with.

I don't know how far in front you guys are with the series but here in Oz we're only getting the 3rd episode of the build off. What about you guys?
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

jaybee

"I don't know how far in front you guys are with the series but here in Oz we're only getting the 3rd episode of the build off. What about you guys?"

That was on the air many weeks ago here.  In fact I don't think that was the last build in the most recent series and I haven't seen a new one in quite some time.  Not sure if there will be new ones or not, IMO the whole thing needs to be retooled.

Edit:  Just went to the Discovery Channel web site, supposedly there are new episodes starting 3/13.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)