Last nites Rides episode

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, March 17, 2004, 01:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phat

WOW is all i can say about your airflow.  I was kinda wondering last nite(frist time i saw it) why it had not been there.  But you know most of the riddler contenders i am sure do a lot of brown nosing and its a money maker for the promoter so you not being the biggest name out there might have embarassed them.  In my book your airflow is super pretty. I look forward too seeing your car my self.  Anybody doing a feature on it?  If i won the lottery as sure as he ll would not give it to those builder to * away..they have plenty of other fish that can pay to have them build a car so they can  drop there name.  You have to look around and there are builders that are just as good as the advertized ones....they just dont and wont wh ore them selves out to TV.  Again great looking Airflow........
Old racers go in deep and come out hard

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "ibuildm"It will be interesting to see how the MHRA treats Foose and Squecky when they try to enter the Riddler competition next year since both cars have been publically displayed on a national television show. The rules for competing for the Riddler Award state that the car can have no public showing of any kind before the show at Detroit.

Today I noticed a pic in the latest "Street Rodder" mag of a RPU being built with hope of being in contention for the 2005 Riddler Award.

Is this allowable, or do the rules specifically prohibit photos, as well?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Phat

I noticed that also this mornin....It should be a real expensive mistake for the car owners.  Rules are rules .  But with what i saw on TV there are 2 maybe 3 guys that run that show(MHRA). How else could a car that did not make the cut ened up back in and winning!!!  LOL  Politics. Maybe a rules change?
Welcome to the real world of money talks BS walks  LOL.  Hey its there loss in Mich that the Airflow did not show......did it not win more money anyway in the Tulsa show?  20.grand?  AIRFLOW 2010 got a raw deal thats for sure.  They are all nice cars so arguement here. I bet some eyes will open up on this one.
Old racers go in deep and come out hard

unklian

The car we saw Chip working on might be for
the Grand National Roadster Show.

unklian

Actually,some people might remember the Red '54(?) Chevy that won the Ridler award about 5 years ago.
It's build up was documented on the builders website with regular updates before it was shown.
The only suprise was the final color,it was originally supposed to be Gold.

So there must be SOME latitude on the definition of "Public display".

But it does sound like the Airflow crew got screwed.

purplepickup

Quote from: "unklian"Actually,some people might remember the Red '54(?) Chevy that won the Ridler award about 5 years ago.
It's build up was documented on the builders website with regular updates before it was shown.
The only suprise was the final color,it was originally supposed to be Gold.

So there must be SOME latitude on the definition of "Public display".

But it does sound like the Airflow crew got screwed.

Yup, I remember following the build of that when they called it the Golden Calf then they painted it red and called it M-80.  I think it was a '49 chevy
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Ian, I think there is a difference between shown in person at a show and in print in build up form.  Butch, the chairman of the 11 or so judges for the Ridler, is a very nice guy, like most of them, and is very fair.  Roadstar will see him on Saturday and is going to ask him to explain the "rule" alittle clearer and either I or Roadstar will report back.

If it wasn't a fair  process, it wouldn't be the most coveted award in the show circut.  Lots of young, never before heard of guys have won in the recent past.  

I'm excited to see not only Chips but this RPU thats coming out of Pinkys shop as well.  If anyone is going to give Chip a run for his money in 2005 it will be this RPU.  My buddy Royce owns it and brought tons of buildup photos with him to the Autorama last month along with the artist rendering of the finished product.  Also brought Christian, the rendering artist, with him as well.  Both extremely nice men and the whole Pinky's team is very talented.  Squeeky doesn't have a chance agaist these two cars let alone the other 20 or so that will be there if his "shop truck" is any indication of what rolls out of his shop.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

beatnik

Finally got some time to watch it. The judging was intresting, seems like a few of the judges knew what they were looking at and a few didn't or it was just the way they came off, with the comments they showed us.

Got floored when I heard the winning Willys spent $65,000 on just the display, that's just crazy.

Justins comments where funny, if nothing else.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Roadstar

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I'm with Ian.  If I won the lotto Chip would get a phone call to start a roadster for me.   Troy would get a call to start on a pro-touring black Falcon convert with a BB monster in it,  and the guy in NY that did my Chevy convert would get Big Olds delivered to him to finish.  And last but certainly not least, the Franks would have a bottomless bank account to cover the expenses of the RRT, so would Ryan for the HAMB.

Interesting :(

HotRodLadyCrusr

Don't get your panties in a bunch mister.  You would be too busy traveling around the country helping me pick out all my new toys and designing my new 10,000 square foot garage to keep them all in.  :D

I didn't have a chance to watch it again last nite to check it out but Larry, LA375W from here, called me last nite to tell me that he saw me on the program.  Said I was sitting there grinning at the camera during the awards ceramony.  I don't know how we missed that part when it aired.  I remember the camera though, I think they were filming Steve Moal who was sitting right in front of us or Gary Meadors who was sitting right next to us, hard to tell who they originally wanted, but they got my mug.   :lol:

Glad I taped it, and Monster Garage too.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

unklian

I think the shop truck episode of Rides is on again tonight at 9:00.

sirstude

In case anyone didn't know it, Ibuildm also had a bit of hand (and then some) in that 38 Zepher that nailed them all at Barret Jackson this year, and several other REALLY nice cars.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Roadstar

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Don't get your panties in a bunch mister.  You would be too busy traveling around the country helping me pick out all my new toys and designing my new 10,000 square foot garage to keep them all in.  :D

I didn't have a chance to watch it again last nite to check it out but Larry, LA375W from here, called me last nite to tell me that he saw me on the program.  Said I was sitting there grinning at the camera during the awards ceramony.  I don't know how we missed that part when it aired.  I remember the camera though, I think they were filming Steve Moal who was sitting right in front of us or Gary Meadors who was sitting right next to us, hard to tell who they originally wanted, but they got my mug.   :lol:

I don't think Steve Moal was doing alot of grining right about that time :wink:

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I didn't have a chance to watch it again last nite to check it out but Larry, LA375W from here, called me last nite to tell me that he saw me on the program.  Said I was sitting there grinning at the camera during the awards ceramony.  I don't know how we missed that part when it aired.  I remember the camera though, I think they were filming Steve Moal who was sitting right in front of us or Gary Meadors who was sitting right next to us, hard to tell who they originally wanted, but they got my mug.   :lol:

you mean this isn't a clip from the show :shock:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.