Leather Suppliers

Started by MikeC, February 13, 2006, 04:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeC

Doesanyone have a good source of high quality leather for interiors?  I am also looking for an idea of the cost that would be reasonable for this material per sq ft.  I am aware that there is quite a range in price depending on grade purchased but thought for top grain someone here would know.
thanks
Mikec

Kctom

Quote from: "MikeC"Doesanyone have a good source of high quality leather for interiors?  I am also looking for an idea of the cost that would be reasonable for this material per sq ft.  I am aware that there is quite a range in price depending on grade purchased but thought for top grain someone here would know.
thanks
Mikec
Give Danny a call at 1-913-8845930 tell him tom swayne told you to call him. I have used his leather in 3 cars now. Was aroung 150.00 a hide, which is really cheap for the stuff.

The leather I purchased for the last car came from Larry Dennis Supply Company (LDC)....I looked in my messy desk but couldn't come up with the contact info....They are in Texas.The quality was excellent,the hides were very large and although the price wasn't as reasonable as the fellow Tom suggested....I thought it was fair....around $200 a hide as I recall.Good Luck!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

SKR8PN

If by any chance you need a light dove grey leather,e-mail me. I have 3 hides of Katzkin leather on E-bay right now.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

BFS57

Hello;
Try www.yourautotrim.com. They have almost everything you might need to do auto trim. Prices arn't bad eithor!
Bruce

Kctom

Quote from: "MikeC"Doesanyone have a good source of high quality leather for interiors?  I am also looking for an idea of the cost that would be reasonable for this material per sq ft.  I am aware that there is quite a range in price depending on grade purchased but thought for top grain someone here would know.
thanks
Mikec

It is really important that the leather comes from a country that has open range "no barb wire fences" you will loose alot if the hide is scarred up. Dannys comes from England and Italy. First class stuff.

MikeC

Tom,
I talked to Danny today and he has a sample in the mail to me tonight.  thanks very much for the lead.  As soon as the sample color arrives I will give him the "go" if it looks right.
I will keep you informed
Thanks again
Mike

MikeC

SKR8PN,
I really need something darker and also need about 8 hides.  It is a 39 Chevy 2 door sedan.  Thanks
Mike