'39 door hinge parts

Started by uglykidjoe, January 27, 2006, 03:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uglykidjoe

a co-worker is looking for some door hinges for a 39 truck.  Would it be easier for him to get them made or does anyone have a good website I could visit for him (no internet for him)? Suggestions???

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

uglykidjoe

enjenjo

Does he not have any hinges, or are they just worn?

uglykidjoe

He has 2 trucks he is restoring, I think he said that they were worn out.  He asked me about a machine shop making some for him and he said he needs a total of 8 hinges(sets).
I will try to get more info later, we work different shifts and I won't see him for a few days.

enjenjo

He can get oversized hinge pins to repair them unless they are totally trashed. Brothers Truck parts, or Chevys of the 40's should have the pins.

If they are totally trashed, he will probably have to find good used ones. 39 to 46 are the same, all models except COE

uglykidjoe

I think he is needing the whole hinge assemblies (he called them hinge plates), says he has one to use for a pattern.  I will pass on the info.  Thanks.

donsrods

One word...................EBAY. If you can't find them there today, wait a week, they'll show up. I'm an Ebay junkie, and find stuff I would have to search for years to find.

enjenjo

If he needs hinge plates, the plate inside the door, and jamb that the hinge fastens to, he should probably get them made locally.