need advice

Started by kb426, January 23, 2006, 10:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

My wife is thinking of buying a new charger sxt. Does anyone know of a reason not to do this? This is with the 3.5 v6.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I've never driven one..

seems like a large car for a V-6 engine
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

From my experience, the 3.5 Mopar is a good engine, and plenty snappy unless you are in the hills all the time. My Daugher in law is looking at a new Dodge Magnum with the same drivetrain.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Uncle Bob

Had a Magnum rent-a-ride at Thanksgiving with the same engine.  I was pleasantly surprised at it's performance both from the engine and the suspension.  Still, it ain't a hemi. :lol:
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

sirstude

Yes, but it might pass a gas pump.  I have heard the Hemi's like fuel.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"From my experience, the 3.5 Mopar is a good engine, and plenty snappy unless you are in the hills all the time.  .

Don't really think thats gonna be a problem.   :shock:
not a whole lotta hills in his part of the country.  :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

Lat year at this time I rented a Chrysler 300 in Raleigh with the small V-6, 2.7L I believe, and it was adequate to move the car. I didn't like that it was always downshifting to accelerate even a little, but i think that with the 3.5 that wouldn't be a problem. It also got amazing milage. My wife also wants a Charger, if she gets it it will have the 3.5 (unless I can talk her into the hemi)

jaybee

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "enjenjo"From my experience, the 3.5 Mopar is a good engine, and plenty snappy unless you are in the hills all the time.  .

Don't really think thats gonna be a problem.   :shock:
not a whole lotta hills in his part of the country.  :(

Vance

Dad was in the Air Force in the 50's & spent some time in Amarillo.  One time he lost a hub cap, watched it make a huge circle out in the desert, and come back so close to the road he could drive right up to it, open the door, and pick it up.  That's flat!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

To give you guys some background: my wife has a 99 300M. It's been a very good car. Makes around 27 mpg. down the road. I've had to do very little to it. We have drove the chargers with the same engine. It's not fast but it's able to pass a car at 70 mph. The trans works like a tiptronic . That part is fun. The guys on the chargers owners forum report poor gas mileage on a hemi if you actually drive the thing. :lol:  I'm not willing to have the family car be a gas problem. When we travel, it's usually alot of miles. I want to have some money left when I get to my destination. I've driven a hemi and was a little disappointed. It was very good from about 20 mph. Not so good from a stand still. I was wondering if any of you guys had heard if there were problems with this model. Thanks for the interest.
TEAM SMART

Dirk35

My Wife's Buick (4 door) with the V6 will kick the living poop out of my Ford Explorer (Also 4 door) with a 5.0 V8. And she gets better milage too.

I personally do not like Chrylser/Dodge/Jeep products, but that is ONLY my opinion and should not warrant any consideration.