Carb rebuilders

Started by enjenjo, January 25, 2006, 10:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I have a pair of Winfield SR carbs I need rebuilt. Do any of you know of someone with experience and parts to do them?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Frank,

Don't know anyone, but can you post a picture please?  I have never seen a Winfield close up.  Just a few pics in the magazines of an engine or two with them.

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Here's some pictures. The carb is very adaptable, it can be used updraft, or downdraft, by flipping the float bowl, one way or the other. The float bowl mounting is symmetrical. It has a variable venturi, the pictures didn't turn out, the bore of the carb is smooth,the venturi is formed be a "wing" in the center of the bore. When the throttle, which is wedge shaped, is fully open, it extends the venturi further into the throat of the carb. For adjustment, it has three needles, idle, transition, and a main. I'm told the idle wasn't the best on these, but for racing, it worked good.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Here's some pictures.
So this is what you were doing last night instead of CHAT. The only thing that comes to mind would be to contact Inglasis (?) in Conneticut (SP?) (same city as Total Performance "T"s). I know he only deals with Webers but maybe he has a lead on some older stuff. It seems funny that you usually have ideas for all of us but when you get stumped no of us has any ideas. GPster

sirstude

Frank,

Thanks for the pictures, sure is and interesting unit.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

rooster

What was this type of carb used on? Car , tractor,

enjenjo

Quote from: "rooster"What was this type of carb used on? Car , tractor,

Race cars. Everything from a Miller 8 to a Crosley. I have a couple leads, I'll let you know.

av8

Here are a couple of pictures of Winfield S carburetors on an original Miller-Schofield OHV head in a '29 Model A roadster.

enjenjo

That's the exact setup I am building, intake and all.

Stakebed

You might try one of the model t club sites. mtfca or mtfci. I have seen posts about winfield carbs on the model t  ford club of america forum. I don't know if they have a web site, but I've seen mention of a north west speedsters group as well.   Also maybe a model A site or fordbarn might turn up some info or contacts for parts or rebuilding. Hope this helps.