progress on the 32 pics

Started by nzsimon, February 24, 2004, 06:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

Rear end worked out very cool I have some close up pics at home so will post when I am there

All the arms and 4 bars are now polished stainless the axles are at the HPC people now and i have painted the centre , rebuilt the calipers and polished the hubs

Yes my front end is the same as yours which means you need a master cyl that is a 1" bore the Hiace is and it is remotable the original filler has been beaten with the ugly stick the father in law used one on his 34  but they dont have a flat firewall so he has a place to build a small cuboard to put it in with a stainless lid

I am just going to make a small stainless thingy and bolt from behind and have the pipe running into it from behind also so no plumbing or bolts showing it doesn't need to be big being honest here when was the last time you needed to top up your brake fluid ?

In the meantime here is the only pic I have at work this one is missing the centre tie bar which I have made out of 15mm alloy and of course you guessed it polished it
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

nzsimon

here are the pics of the four bars now they are stainless I dont think I have pics of the pinion support bars

I have since bobed the rear of the chassis and reshaped it making the temp bracket on the rear to pick up the body mount redundant
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

spark

8) Wow! Well done it came out nice. 8)  8)  No ark on that set up? Just up and down movement on the sidebars?  How confident were you when you removed the coil over to check for bind? :roll:

When I saw the pic of the rear, I wondered about the chassis rails. :?

Your roadster is coming along nicely, I'm impressed with your fabrication skills.  :D
8) ANY info or comments are most welcome.  8)

www.hotrodforum.freeforums.org .

jaybee

I like the Lexus tail lights.  Sort of reminiscent of the classic Pontiac tail light but updated.  Smooth but not too smooth, if you get my drift.  Flush mounted lights are still nice but not exactly trick these days as there are so many running around.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

spark

:) Just to add, in this months CRUZIN mag (APRIL page 55), there is an add for remote stainless steel Dual Brake Reservoir Tanks, to suit XC or XD Master Cylinder.

"just undo the nut inside the plastic brake fluid resivor- replace this with on of our s/steel adapters, then attach the compression fittings and brake lines"

Polished stainless steel res with screw cap $150 Aust$, adaptors $40, comp fittings $30

DOWNUNDER INNOVATIONS- 07 5465 5390

mite be the go. 8)
8) ANY info or comments are most welcome.  8)

www.hotrodforum.freeforums.org .