Back from San fran!!! RAYVYN-YOU READ THIS!!!

Started by KustomLincolnLady, January 16, 2006, 07:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

We had a blast, I have to sort thru my pics.I was able to sing on at the hotel and saw someone posted some on the hamb. but I wanted you guys to see this mail that I received when I got home tonight!!!

JUST ANOTHER REASON NOT TO FLY!!!!!

This was an email from Jim Hibbs (KOA)  
We just walked in the door from the plane ride from San Francisco. It is 10:20 AM Monday. We were supposed to arrive here at 10:25 last night. The airport at San Francisco was emptied just when our flight was to leave. We went through inspection along with everyone else 3 times. At one time the airport buildings had to be evacuated. Our plane was to leave at 2:30 in the afternoon on Sunday. We got the plane off the runway at about11PM. Arrived in Dallas at 1:30 AM CST. stayed at a nice Marriott compliments of American Airlines and got 2 hours sleep before we had to get up and get to the airport for a 7:30 AM flight to Nashville. One good thing, they arrested a man and two women that were supposed to be on our flight from San Fran and blew up one of their suitcases. They had explosive devices in their luggage.
:shock:  :shock:

Debb

enjenjo

I find it hard to believe that some one trying to get a bomb on a plane would not make the news. Some times stories take on a life of their own.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"I find it hard to believe that some one trying to get a bomb on a plane would not make the news. Some times stories take on a life of their own.

Well after you said that it made sense, but they were there and went thru it so I searched and found this!  

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/01/16/BAGLNGNUFE1.DTL

Debb

Rayvyn

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"We had a blast, I have to sort thru my pics.I was able to sing on at the hotel and saw someone posted some on the hamb. but I wanted you guys to see this mail that I received when I got home tonight!!!

JUST ANOTHER REASON NOT TO FLY!
:shock:  :shock:

Debb

At least the screener was on top of his game and reported something suspicious. Better safe than sorry. There's more of a chance of getting hurt from a Firestone tire blowout or an electrical switch fire in a Ford SUV then there is in an airplane.
One of the inconveniences of living in todays troubled times.
At least American put them up at a hotel free of charge; most airlines won't foot the bill for anything that's not directly connected to them or their planes, like mechanical problems.
It's hard to say what was in the bag that triggered an alert, but even a cell phone wired to a Bic lighter is an explosive device.

Alot of the Rodeo and EOD bombs being used overseas against our troops are being set off remotely by cell phone. Alot of cell phones were shipped over there for the troops to use, and a good many found their way into enemy hands. Even though the insurgents can't activate the phones, they found out real quick that in the U.S., even if the phone service is shut off and the account closed, by law the phone still has to have the capabilities to dial out to 911 in case of emergencies. The insurgents are using the technology against us. They are also using computers to dial up these devices.

Anyway, I'm glad to see everything turned out for the better. Even after being on a couple of flights that were cancelled or delayed because of security reasons, and having worked as a security manager in a large airport and being on the working end of keeping the public safe, I still would not hesitate about getting on a plane.

Especially Hooters Air, which flies out of Clearwater Airport now. I get on those flights and pray for turbulence...!! :D  :D  :D
(Used by permission from Larry the Cable Guy!)
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

That makes more sense. A "suspected" explosive, might not make the news here.

I wonder what they think of my luggage some times. There has been some strange stuff packed in my suitcase. Carburetors, brake backing plates. even a lathe chuck one time.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"That makes more sense. A "suspected" explosive, might not make the news here.I wonder what they think of my luggage some times. There has been some strange stuff packed in my suitcase. Carburetors, brake backing plates. even a lathe chuck one time.
Maybe you look more suspicious than your luggage. GPster

KustomLincolnLady

HA HA Joe, that was a good one, lol

Bryan, yes I sent an email back to Jim and told him that someone was on top of things and doing a good job. Just would have scared me bad enough I wouldn't have been able to board a plane without being knocked out, lol

I don't envy any of those airport workers/screeners!!! They have a rough job, and someone was on top of it.

We had a great time, the flights weren't bad, I took an anxiety pill, rob passed  :shock: LOL  
we were at the airport on sunday night to turn in our rental, then went back to the hotel, since we had a really early flight out. We couldn't have missed all the action by much!!
It rained most of the day sat, but we were inside at the show. On sunday we went sightseeing, and it was beautiful!! just stayed up to many hours having fun, paying for it now, lol

Oh and I couldn't find the air marshall  :roll:  LOL

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Oh and I couldn't find the air marshall  :roll:  LOL

Sounds like you did have a good time....

to find the air marshall on the airplane just do what enjenjo does... drop your pants and loudly yell :" BOO!"

:wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Rayvyn

Quote from: "GPster"Maybe you look more suspicious than your luggage. GPster

Ain't that the truth!! No telling what shows up on the screen when he passes by. Just imagine the poor screener that has to strip search him!! Poor guy would need a Canary with him in case of gas, and would have to go where no man has gone or seen before!

Now I know why he likes to fly so much!! :D  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...