Lost Post/Accessory Drives

Started by Crafty, January 15, 2006, 04:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crafty

I've been searching for a post I saw on here recently, but I can't find it. The post in question had a pic of an engine that someone had just finished up, the engine was sat out of a car all freshly painted up, if I remember rightly it was a sort of burnt orange colour ?
The reason why I'm looking for the post is that the engine had a really neat accessory drive on it, it said that it was a stock v6 astro setup.

I'm looking for good ideas on accessory drives as I'm in a bit of a tight spot - my engine is a '78 sbc that I'm running factory TPI on. I don't have the tpi accessory drive. No A/C but it does have power steering - cuttenly got a type 1 pump but I can handle swapping over if I need to.
Just to make life dificult I can't have anything lower than the centre of the crank for clearance.. the heads have a single bolt on the passenger side and three bolts on the drivers side.
Seeing as I haven't robbed any banks lately I'm not going with an aftermarket serpentine system, not really too bothered about what belt it uses - so long as it works!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

enjenjo

I just did a TPI changeover on a 76 model 350, and was able to use all the stock accessory brackets. I did have to modify the upper alternator bracket for intake clearance, it no longer bolts to the intake, just the water pump and alternator.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crafty

Thanks for the info, I can't use the stock brackets I have because the engine did have a long pump and I've switched to a short pump, I don't remember what exactly what it was but there was a problem using the stock short pump brackets, could be the short bracket uses more than 1 bolt hole on the passenger head. The steering pump one caused a problem too, probably let the pump hang too low. I'll have to refresh my memory!.

enjenjo

I think then I would be looking to Bill's Hot Rod Company, to get a set of his brackets.  Bill's Hot Rod Company   1064 E. Edna Pl. Covina, CA. 91724 818-332-1915  He can fix you up with whatever you need. This is a one man operation, very high quality parts, good tech support, and good prices.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.