Shipping / Transporting Companies

Started by SprayTech, January 14, 2006, 01:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SprayTech

Hello Every one ,
Its been a long time since I was around here , and searched for a thread that delt with Auto Shipping companies and didnt come up with anything.
I am having to sell my 37 Ford Hump project , and I have a guy in California that wants to buy it and I live In Kansas , I have no clue what company to use as there are a few out there , but was wondering if any one here had any advice on a reputable trucking service ?

SprayTech

bigdude

Quote from: "SprayTech"Hello Every one ,
Its been a long time since I was around here , and searched for a thread that delt with Auto Shipping companies and didnt come up with anything.
I am having to sell my 37 Ford Hump project , and I have a guy in California that wants to buy it and I live In Kansas , I have no clue what company to use as there are a few out there , but was wondering if any one here had any advice on a reputable trucking service ?

SprayTech
I just had Iron Jockey do mine,a little expensive but did one going and two coming back. They were both hi and dri and reccomend them. :D

SprayTech

Are you wanting to have it hauled on an open carrier or enclosed?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

SprayTech

enclosed , as its not drivable and will be filled with tons of new parts .
Plus no glass either .

paul2748

I just had a car shipped from GA (I'm in NJ) by DeMoise Trucking.  Enclosed trailer.  They were the cheapest of the four quotes I got.  Very happy with them.  Delivered on time, kept me abreast of the whole operation.  Nice people, even the driver.  864-609-9390.

Quote from: "SprayTech"enclosed , as its not drivable and will be filled with tons of new parts .
Plus no glass either .

For enclosed movers I usually use Intercity...the contact info is 1-800-221-3936....They are simply the best...unfortunately,very expensive. On occasion,I also use Reliable...1-800-528-5709 or Horseless Carriage....1-800-631-7796. Also,here is a link to a website that has about every transporter in the country listed....You can fill out the info and they will send you quotes from several transporters,I believe. The address is http://www.movecars.com/toc/find/  I am usually moving a high $$ finished car or a project so I either spend the $$ to have it done right or for the project cars,I usually have them hauled on an open multi-car hauler which is much cheaper.....Good Luck!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

SprayTech

Thank you all for your information .

SprayTech