I need some 15 inch ford rims

Started by junkyardjeff, January 08, 2006, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I put disc brakes on my 65 galaxie and I am trying to find 4 disc brake rims,I wollered out the center holes on the two front to get my car drivable but they can not be balanced now so I hope someone would have a set they are not using,  I hit a couple junkyards but they only had 14 inch and all the 80s and up crown vics had aluminum wheels or the steel rims that did not have the bumps to hold on the small hub caps,I might have to work all the saturdays in january so I might not be able to hit the junkyards for awhile.  Jeff

Dave

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I put disc brakes on my 65 galaxie and I am trying to find 4 disc brake rims,I wollered out the center holes on the two front to get my car drivable but they can not be balanced now so I hope someone would have a set they are not using,  I hit a couple junkyards but they only had 14 inch and all the 80s and up crown vics had aluminum wheels or the steel rims that did not have the bumps to hold on the small hub caps,I might have to work all the saturdays in january so I might not be able to hit the junkyards for awhile.  Jeff

Give me some time like a day or so cause i gotta clean the wifes car today but im sure ive got 2 like new 15 x 6 ford stock wheels in the attic of the garage . Im sure they will fit disk brakes too. I dont have 4 cause i dunno what I did with the other 2. If 2 will get ya a good start lemme know.
Oh ya they are free if you pay the shipping.. I been gonna toss em but then I get an idea about steelies on the 32 and i keep em. They do have the bumps for the caps. You might give me the center hole dia so's i can check mine.
Dave

wvcab

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I put disc brakes on my 65 galaxie and I am trying to find 4 disc brake rims,I wollered out the center holes on the two front to get my car drivable but they can not be balanced now so I hope someone would have a set they are not using,  I hit a couple junkyards but they only had 14 inch and all the 80s and up crown vics had aluminum wheels or the steel rims that did not have the bumps to hold on the small hub caps,I might have to work all the saturdays in january so I might not be able to hit the junkyards for awhile.  Jeff

volare wheels fit.

rooster

I think what will work is "cop car" or taxie wheels from a chrysler product,  or maybe Ford Ranger pickup 15", AMC Jeep may be another.

junkyardjeff

One local junkyard has a couple of mid 80s chrysler 5th avenues that have rims made for the small hubcaps,I am going to take one of mine with me and see if they will fit.  If I can remember correctly the mopar small hub caps in the 60s and 70s were smaller then the fords but the mid 80s looked like ford rims.  Jeff

enjenjo

What you need are the wheels from a 69 to 72 Ford or Mercury full size. or a 74 to 77 Torino, Tbird, or Montego.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.