Seats for a '54 F-100

Started by Olderndirt2, January 12, 2006, 10:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olderndirt2

Hey, Gang!

Our s-i-l's building up a nice lil' choptop and is looking for suggestions on OEM type seats that won't overwhelm the cab. He intends to have a console.
He's priced out the Glide seats and is trying to find suitable alternates.
I realize you may need more information, but this is all that I retained from his description.

TIA!

enjenjo

Some of the later Rangers have a nice seat, back not too thick, that will fit in his cab.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Olderndirt2"Hey, Gang!

Our s-i-l's building up a nice lil' choptop and is looking for suggestions on OEM type seats that won't overwhelm the cab. He intends to have a console.
He's priced out the Glide seats and is trying to find suitable alternates.
I realize you may need more information, but this is all that I retained from his description.

TIA!

I used a Dakota pickup seat in a 1950 Chevy truck just this week.  It worked out pretty easy and the back folds forward.  When I was looking at Dakotas in the salvage yard, most of them had bucket seats and some with a console.  Take a tape measure and go to the salvage yard.

John

#974  "Just glad to be here"  http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Okiedokie

Mid 90's Chevy or GMC fits like it was made for it. I have a 94 in my 53 F100, IMO it is a perfect fit. Much better than original seat. Joe

GPster

Just an idea and it would take two wrecks to get them The back seats of a Jeep Cheroki Loredo aer 60/40 and the small seats are comfortable and not too obvious to be part of something else. To my thinking even with a chopped top he's going to have to sit a little higher to see out over the hood. A nice narrow bench seat van be found in the back seat of full size Blazers and Broncos. My requirement for seats is a little bit different then most able bodied people so I look around strange places. GPster

DRD57

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"Mid 90's Chevy or GMC fits like it was made for it. I have a 94 in my 53 F100, IMO it is a perfect fit. Much better than original seat. Joe

Yeah, what Joe said.

This is the perfect seat for the mid 50's F100.

Olderndirt2

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"Mid 90's Chevy or GMC fits like it was made for it. I have a 94 in my 53 F100, IMO it is a perfect fit. Much better than original seat. Joe

Yeah, what Joe said.

This is the perfect seat for the mid 50's F100.

Many thanks, folks. I'll pass it on.

buffalo bob

Whatever seat you decided on, make sure that the area where you actually end sitting is behind the steering wheel.  I used seats out of a '96 F-150, bucket seats with center seat that the back folds down to be a consol.  This measured, width wise with plenty of room, but when set in the cab of my '54 F-100, the steering wheel & instrument cluster was close to lining up with the inside edge of the bucket seat.  Seems the steering wheel in the old F-100 was spaced away from the door more so than on the late model trucks.  I didn't like sitting with the steering wheel offset to the right of the drivers seat.  This would not be a problem with a bench type seat.

kb426

If you can live with buckets, I used the leather ones from a 300m with a Durango console. They have power on both seats and can be found on ebay for a reasonable price.
TEAM SMART