q about mags....

Started by tomslik, January 13, 2006, 06:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparrodder

this is the M-H i was looking at,
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/forsale/detail.asp?OHID=4971364&guid=FAEB5E46A5E747689B3DD0B2F9237A20
[/quote]

Tom, The Massey that  is in the link does look pretty good all I can see from the pic is a small dent in the center of the grill but he say it has only 39 hp, I've been around Masseys all my life and had about 26 masseys at one time in different sizes but the 44s had 46 hp stock acording to the Nebraska tractor test. Check out the book The Agrilculture Tractor 1855 to 1950 from the library it shows every tractor ever made and also has the results from the Nebraska Tractor Tests, it will show what motor they used and manufacture ,number of cylinders,bore and stroke,hp in each gear, rpms,and type of fuel .  The Massey 44 also could be orded with a 3 pt hitch as my dads had one but they didn't have live pto but did have live hydralic and later you could get a hand clutch that would dissengage the transmission and still keep the pto in gear.  They were a good tractor, I still have one left, a 44 row crop that is a 49 that has been bored to a 4 1/8 th piston and jumps the hp to a little over 55 hp wich is like the 44 special and it also has an add on shar-linn power steering.  They were also 6 volt systems but most people convert them to 12 volt .  I see in the add he has a pull type bushhog wich will work well with the 44, we had one too and you could set it low enough to cut grass like a lawn mower.  Hope this helps to give you a little more info on the Massey Harris 44.   Bill

enjenjo

If you want to travel, I have a buddy here with an 8N for sale. He just went through the trans on it. Pretty clean tractor.

I have my dad's TO30 he bought new in 1953.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "moparrodder"this is the M-H i was looking at,
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/forsale/detail.asp?OHID=4971364&guid=FAEB5E46A5E747689B3DD0B2F9237A20

Tom, The Massey that  is in the link does look pretty good all I can see from the pic is a small dent in the center of the grill but he say it has only 39 hp, I've been around Masseys all my life and had about 26 masseys at one time in different sizes but the 44s had 46 hp stock acording to the Nebraska tractor test. Check out the book The Agrilculture Tractor 1855 to 1950 from the library it shows every tractor ever made and also has the results from the Nebraska Tractor Tests, it will show what motor they used and manufacture ,number of cylinders,bore and stroke,hp in each gear, rpms,and type of fuel .  The Massey 44 also could be orded with a 3 pt hitch as my dads had one but they didn't have live pto but did have live hydralic and later you could get a hand clutch that would dissengage the transmission and still keep the pto in gear.  They were a good tractor, I still have one left, a 44 row crop that is a 49 that has been bored to a 4 1/8 th piston and jumps the hp to a little over 55 hp wich is like the 44 special and it also has an add on shar-linn power steering.  They were also 6 volt systems but most people convert them to 12 volt .  I see in the add he has a pull type bushhog wich will work well with the 44, we had one too and you could set it low enough to cut grass like a lawn mower.  Hope this helps to give you a little more info on the Massey Harris 44.   Bill[/quote]

yeah, it helps a lot.
i'm gettin' educated pretty fast...
gonna take a look a ford 800 here in a few min.
see what THAT turns up :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list