Detroit Autorama

Started by Rochie, March 05, 2013, 05:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochie

Hi Guys,
I know I'm not on here as much as I should be ....BUT is any one going to Detroit for the Autorama???  If you're going, please stop by the E.L.T.A.(East London Timing Assoc.) cars in the basement to say Hi and have a beveerage. We are hoping to meet up with as many RRT'rs, Hamber's Ontatrio Rodders as we can.  I think we are across from the boys at the "Singlefinger Speed" shop.
We would really like to put names to faces....
Wayne

purplepickup

I'll be there Friday Wayne, and I'll make a point of stopping by.  It's been quite a while since I've seen you.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

I'll be ther Friday afternoon also. I'll swing by.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

moose

I will be there all three days slinging paint in the Motor City Mavens pinstriping jam area on the first floor.

Stop by and say Hi to the guy in the moose hat!

Stay for one of the auctions and take home some art for a good cause!

Tim

phat46

Don't know if I'll make it but the guys from London and St. Thomas will be there. Dwayne from St. Thomas call me today and said they had a bunch heading down Friday.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Wayne, I think you are right across from me.  Very cool!

Why don't we all meet up at your car/display at 2pm on Friday.

Feel free to call me back Wayne.  The voicemail was not clear.  Anytime after 10 am is cool.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Mikej

Denise post some pictures when you can. I think there might  be a Ridler contender from Nebraska.

The Autorama was on my "Want To" list but unfortunately,didn't end up on my "Get To" list :cry:  I have had a couple of prospective jobs for this Spring fall through ....a couple of weeks ago it looked like I was booked through the Summer....So I'll be sticking pretty close to home for a while.On the other hand,I have had time to work hard on the new 37 project and should have it finished in time for our first Cruise Night.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Mikej"Denise post some pictures when you can. I think there might  be a Ridler contender from Nebraska.

Yes in fact I do believe they won a GREAT 8 which means they are in contention for the Ridler.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"The Autorama was on my "Want To" list but unfortunately,didn't end up on my "Get To" list :cry: .

My Dad asked about you today, if you were here in Detroit this weekend.

purplepickup

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "Mikej"Denise post some pictures when you can. I think there might  be a Ridler contender from Nebraska.

Yes in fact I do believe they won a GREAT 8 which means they are in contention for the Ridler.
Which car is that?  

Good to see you today Denise  :D  I might be able to attend the Hot Rod Ball in Livonia tomorrow night if the moon and stars align like they're supposed to.

If this pic had been 2 seconds later, everybody was cracking up because Winfield was aiming his butt at the sparks.  You'd a had ta been there..
George

Mikej

I think its a 40 ford from the Omaha area. A local painter was doing the flat head and trans. Than he was going to send it to Idaho. I don't know if he was going to help with the final assembly.  He has worked on Ridler cars in the past.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Mikej"I think its a 40 ford from the Omaha area.
I saw it.   Very nicely built car!  

Here's a link to the Great 8 with a picture of the '40  http://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/2013/03/08/2013-detroit-autorama-pirelli-great-8/
George

Mikej

Thanks for the link,George. The car was in town about a year ago. I believe Brian was working on the floor then.  Didn't know it was going for the Ridler then.

kb426

TEAM SMART