5 speed behind a flathead

Started by sirstude, January 02, 2006, 09:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

A friend of mine is going to build a 33 coupe that is Flathead powered.  He heard that someone makes a bellhousing that adapts an S10 5 speed to a flathead.  I kind of remember seeing an article on it, but don't remember where.  If anyone knows of such an animal let me know please.  He is not in any hurry, this is the guy that has about 5 rods he is trying to build at the same time right now.

Thanks
Doug

ps.  I will be posting this in a couple of places, so if you have seen it once, just ignore it.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "sirstude"A friend of mine is going to build a 33 coupe that is Flathead powered.  He heard that someone makes a bellhousing that adapts an S10 5 speed to a flathead.  I kind of remember seeing an article on it, but don't remember where.  If anyone knows of such an animal let me know please.  He is not in any hurry, this is the guy that has about 5 rods he is trying to build at the same time right now.

Thanks
Doug

ps.  I will be posting this in a couple of places, so if you have seen it once, just ignore it.

try here:

http://www.transmissionadapters.com/Pricing.htm

under Ford motors..... chevy manual trans to flathead

Read further down the page about a S-10 5 speed adapter

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bib_Overalls

Friend of mine used a Cornhuskers T5 adapter in his flathead powered roadster.  He was very happy with the set up.  When you price an adapter you need to get a handle on the total cost.  That is, the price of the adapter it self and everything (i.e., clutch linkage) that you will need to make it work.

http://cornhuskerrodandcustom.net/
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

sirstude

Thanks for the info guys.  It turns out that there is another friend here that is doing the 5spd/flathead already and he is using the Cornhuskers stuff.  Says it is really nice.  I passed this all on to my friend.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us