Fake gas station front

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 02, 2005, 11:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cword

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"

Are the globes glass or plastic?

Is the design screen printed, or is it an applique?  ....Or???

It looks great, Mike!

15 inch Glass lenses in metal bodies.  the design is screen painted and baked.
The outfit doing the lenses is pogogas.com

mike
--

Crosley.In.AZ

latest photo of our efforts

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bib_Overalls

About three years ago I helped my friend Darwin Allbritton build the service station office and shed bathroom in the front side of his hot rod shop in Jonesboro, AR.  The floor was painted with a two lane road leading from the front door to the service station.  Even has a dead armadillo for effect.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"About three years ago I helped my friend Darwin Allbritton build the service station office and shed bathroom in the front side of his hot rod shop in Jonesboro, AR.  The floor was painted with a two lane road leading from the front door to the service station.  Even has a dead armadillo for effect.

that is waaaaay too kool. If I get more room in my next shop I want something like that.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Tony, I know you have seen Mikes place.

alchevy

Hmmmm.....
Some very sharp looking places!

Since I'm fixing to build a garage (hopefully in 2006), got some great ideas. These garages must not be for working on cars, if they look that good! I have been giving some thought to separating out an office because the rest of the garage can get dirty depending on what you are doing to the car. It also will give me a location to put the plaques I have been getting and other collectibles.

I have an old gas station sign to put up...my grandfather had an old store in rural Mississippi from the late '40s to the early '70s. They moved into a new house and then we moved into ours the next year. I was in the 2nd grade when we moved and we had a basketball goal put up in the backyard. We used the old gas sign for a backboard...tried for years to paint it white, but the logo kept coming through. I dug the sign out of a small tree the other day and will use it in my new shop. The brand was Pan Am and it must be from the earlier design because it does not have the torch in it. I have done some research on the internet. I'll snap a picture of it and post it.

I also have gotten some ideas on how to use the old wide white wall tires that came on my '40 when I got it.

It has been said that if ya build enough garages, shops, etc. in your backyard......the less grass you will have to cut!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Here's the sign I was talking about.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com