O/T All I did was buy a new garage door opener?

Started by Dave, December 26, 2005, 04:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Was time to replace the old one so I started xmas eve and finished it today. Everything went smooth so I decided to go to the mother inlaws and  load up the stuff to go to Ft Wayne tomorow cause it was snowing off and on today so the trip was cancelled by me for today. Humm I got time to run to town and get a haircut. Big mistake.  Got halfway there and the 2000 malibu beeps 2 times at me and then the abs light comes on.  Why is it when you spend a little money then sumpin else goes south  :(  I did a search on the net and seems its a common problem like possibly a break in the wires going to one of the front wheels. Heck with it . It stops fine with out the abs so im gonna enjoy my time off and deal with it later. Did i ever tell ya about the time I bought the 18 foot marlin jet boat with the 550 hp big block chevy in it and the next day the well went dry  :(  :lol:  :lol:
True story...
I knew i shoulda just got up early and went huntin today.
Dave

enjenjo

It's Karma. Whenever something good happens, something bad has to happen to even it out. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"It's Karma. Whenever something good happens, something bad has to happen to even it out. :lol:

Thanks Frank I really feel better now.  :?:
Maybe its the gin and tonic :lol:
Dave

midnight sun

Quote from: "N8DC"Got halfway there and the 2000 malibu beeps 2 times at me and then the abs light comes on.  

I had a GMC pickup that did that.  I finally took it to the dealer and he charged me $35 to fix it.  I asked him what he did and he said they pulled out one of the fuses for 30 seconds and then popped it back in.  I asked him why he didnt tell me that in the first place and save me $35.  He just grinned.  I almost popped him.  Unfortunately I can't remember which fuse it was.  I know, Im no help at all!  Might take a little time but you could try a few and see if it goes away.  My 2 cents.

Later
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

34ford

You can usually unhook the battery cable and it will clear the codes too. Do that with the check engine lite on my truck. Look under the hood and it's still there so go figure :D  It's a code for the front 02 sensor that acts up every now and then.  The ABS should have a fuse of it's own.

bob

oiler

They will usually break the harness about 2-3 inches from the connector at the wheel bearing.
You can buy a replacment harness for about 40 dollars
Jeff

Dave

Quote from: "oiler"They will usually break the harness about 2-3 inches from the connector at the wheel bearing.
Jeff

I see that info on the net and how to check them also. Believe it or not Sue drove the dam thing last nite and the light never came on.  I told her i wouldnt drive it again !
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "oiler"They will usually break the harness about 2-3 inches from the connector at the wheel bearing.
Jeff

I see that info on the net and how to check them also. Believe it or not Sue drove the dam thing last nite and the light never came on.  I told her i wouldnt drive it again !
Dave

She called on her way to indiana..............back on.......
Dave

oiler

yep ,usually will set a code with the wheel turned at a certain angle and water spray hits the broken or partially broken wire.
looks like you'll have to get on it specially seeing that it's the wifes car :roll:
Jeff