Strange request, but what better place to ask?

Started by SKR8PN, December 20, 2005, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

The lifting will not be as bad with a sidecar on a mini bike because it starts out lower and has the weight concentration lower. It can be managed . Just reread that part of my reply. I put down all of the things I could think of because I didn't think you would get so many replies. Linda and I did 16,000 miles on ours in 2 1/2 years and I spent all that time in the sidecar. A three wheel mini bike is an idea but it will have to be as wide a treadwidth as a mini bike and sidecar or it will be prone to tip-overs. I've got a three wheel Columbia bike that I've lifted the wheel on (by mistake). A three wheeled mini bike should have a differential. Driving only one rear wheel will require a jackshaft and the driven wheel won't have very much weight for traction. A locked rear wheel drive is going to try to steer the thing straight and only one steering wheel will be hard pressed to keep it in turns. For hauling/storage the three-wheeler is it's width but a sidecar can be un-coupled and stowed in two pieces and maybe even be used by someone that is not balance challenged as just a mini bike. The lifting the sidecar wheel is also a product of speed and that might not be such a problem in crowded pits. One further idea might be to hook up a mercury switch to the motor kill switch so that if the wheel picks up the motor dies. GPster

parklane

Quote from: "kb426"Boy, did I step in that one.

Did you get any on ya?? :lol:  :lol:  :ha)  :ha)  :shock:

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??