Door wire conduit

Started by 48builder, December 10, 2005, 05:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I know I have asked this before, but I still have not come up with anything I like for a conduit for the wires going into my doors. I need something about 1.5 inches. I have limited space because the door post on the '48 is narrow. I spent time at the bone yard looking for something I could make work, but everything was either too long or too small. If I could find somethiing the right size I figure I can make a thin wall pipe section too hold the excess length in place either in the door jamb od the door itself. Then the excess could just slide in and out of the pipe.

I know there must be something out there lurking in some supply house that I can make work. I liked enjenjo's truck air hose idea, but I don't think it is big or flexible enough.

Any ideas?

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

NuRelics has a machined cup with a rubber boot that you weld into the cowl just for your problem. I even think I have a pair of them here.

http://www.nu-relics.com/bootsaccordian.html

The link does not show the steel cup, but I have a pair of them too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

MrMopar64

How about these...... you can cut them any size you need & one end moves in and out of the door when you open and close it
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=LOOP-94201

If those are to small around Glass House in San Dimes Ca. has larger ones and they are alittle cheaper if I remember right

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

ponchoguy

I just put a set of the pictured wire looms on my 55 chevy. these are pretty flexible and look great.had to modify the inside of the door so they can slide in and out. inside diameter is 1/2". Got them from A1 electric.
Ed.