Hi ,from a new guy!!

Started by JOECOOL, January 21, 2006, 10:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOECOOL

Just wanted to say hi!.
Lurked for awhile ,everyone seemed pretty low key ,so here I am. My wife says I think I know it all so feel free to put me in my place when you want. I have a almost completed Modified style 28 A,low buck, and drag race a lot during the warm months. I like practicaly anything with wheels .
Retired and spend most of the time now in the garage.

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard the RRT board.

We are real low key'd here with plenty of ideas.  The regulars poke fun at each other now and then.

if you get a chance tell us about your stuff , a photo or 2 would be great
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Welcome.....We're a pretty relaxed group around here!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

Welcome, lots of other retires on here also. Seems to becoming a home for the aged, LOL Trouble is I 'm in that group myself
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

parklane

welcome to the RRT. Ya, some people on this board are retired, and others are just old farts :shock:

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome. Where are you from?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

tom36

Welcome!  Nothing wrong with being retired---beats the alternatives..  Tom..

EMSjunkie

Welcome to the RRT.  :)

you will find a broad array of knowledge here.  :)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

JOECOOL

From Glenwood Iowa, yeah right outside Omaha. I will try the picture thing but I are not very computerized. Something about my age I guess.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "JOECOOL"From Glenwood Iowa, yeah right outside Omaha.    

Are you going to Americruise in Lincoln this July?

I'm planning on it. but its not July yet  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

48builder

Quote from: "JOECOOL"From Glenwood Iowa, yeah right outside Omaha. I will try the picture thing but I are not very computerized. Something about my age I guess.

Welcome, joecool.

I spent 4  years at Offutt AFB, and then stayed out there to go to school at UNO. I loved Nebraska, and will be in Lincoln this coming May.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

JOECOOL

I actually retired last Oct. and am not sure whats going to happen in the spring. I may start doing some commercial mowing but that always seems to lead to more and more.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "JOECOOL"My wife says I think I know it all so feel free to put me in my place when you want. .

Cool, glad to get the wife's permission :lol:
Welcome to the RRT!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

moparrodder

Quote from: "JOECOOL"From Glenwood Iowa, yeah right outside Omaha. I will try the picture thing but I are not very computerized. Something about my age I guess.

Hi Joe!!!  Good to see another Iowan on here!!  I live in Dunlap a little over an hour north of you. Have you read the post that 40 has about a get together in Lincoln around the 25th of March to tour Speedy Bill's museum, it's one of the sticky post at the top and it will be a grand time and a great chance to meet some super RRT members, I'm sure everyone that's going would enjoy your company and get a chance to do some bench raceing.  Gotta question for ya,  who in Glenwood had the 36 Plymouth 5 window coupe on ebay recently?  I was kinda interested in it after I see that it didn't sell, but I gotta get our 40 done first, was just currious if you would happen to know who it was.  Looks like you have a cool project going there keep us posted on the project.  Yup , I think age does have a little something to do with it as it took me a long time figuring how to post a pic here too!!  Stay cool and don't be afraid to jump in when ya can and maybe we'll see ya in Lincoln for the museum tour or Americruze 8)   Catch ya later.       Bill

JOECOOL

don't know any 36 's around here. The town is growing so much because of Omaha that we might as well just let them take us over.