S10 or other rears in a 37 chevy p/u ?

Started by junkyardjeff, December 11, 2005, 08:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I am starting look for all the parts I need to lower and get rid of the original driveline in my 37 chevy p/u,I have heard that a S10 4X4 will work but I would like to find a ford 8 or 9 inch that wil fit without cutting so I can play with the gear ratios easier.  I still have not decided on what motor and trans I will be using but I want to get all the suspension parts first.  Jeff

parklane

You can always go with a Dodge 8 3/4 rear as there are lots of different widths, as well as ratios. They are also the same bolt pattern

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

enjenjo

S10 4x4 is a bit narrow for a Chevy of that era. Most of them can use a Camaro rear. In an 8", Granada is a good place to start.

The best way to decide on a rear, get the tires and wheels you want to use, put them under the car, with it set at the desired ride height, and measure between the wheel faces for the width you need.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I am starting look for all the parts I need to lower and get rid of the original driveline in my 37 chevy p/u,I have heard that a S10 4X4 will work but I would like to find a ford 8 or 9 inch that wil fit without cutting so I can play with the gear ratios easier.  I still have not decided on what motor and trans I will be using but I want to get all the suspension parts first.  Jeff

I helped with an install of a Ranger early/mid 90's rear in a '41 Chevy p.u.
It was really simple and the fit was great.