Sumner's Page

Started by chopped, November 30, 2005, 09:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopped

I'm using it to set up my 700r4. I don't see where it says anything about the throttle bracket length, does it enter into equation? As in length from center of shaft to attachment of cable.  My set up is 2X2 on an inline six using the bellcrank off the intake. Thanks for any help,  Skip

enjenjo

Yes it does. It determines the distance the cable is pulled for a particular throttle setting. It's there somewhere, because I used that page to figure out a couple of them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"Yes it does. It determines the distance the cable is pulled for a particular throttle setting. It's there somewhere, because I used that page to figure out a couple of them.

I recall 1.060 Throttle shaft to center of cable post?
Don Colliau

chopped

Thanks, Now that I know it's there I'll dig into it till I find it.

chopped

Quote from: "chopped"Thanks, Now that I know it's there I'll dig into it till I find it.
To be sure, did I make it clear I'm talking about the throttle cable, NOT the T.V. cable for the trans.

enjenjo

Ok, on the throttle cable itself, as long as you are getting full throttle, it's not real important what the lever length is.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chopped

Quote from: "enjenjo"Ok, on the throttle cable itself, as long as you are getting full throttle, it's not real important what the lever length is.[/quote  ] Great, when I couldn't find it I was afraid one more brain cell had died.