Dyna-Batt users

Started by Turbo26T, March 25, 2004, 08:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo26T

Anybody have any experience (good or bad ) with a Dyna-Batt  dry cell battery . I'm considering using one in my 26T Lakes Modified roadster , as it's small and lightweight (13#)  I looked at the Optima batteries and they are large and heavy. I do not need much ,as I will only be running the ignition & lighting system ,and no accessories.  They cost around $140.00 online , but I don't want to spend that if they don't do the job and are not worth it.  Feedback from anyone who has used or bought one appreciated.
Hotrodding is a chronic sickness,eased only by exposure to the smell of hot oil,burnt racegas,loud exhausts and followed by periods of rest on a creeper underneath  some form of engine powered vehicle.

Charlie Chops 1940

Ditto on Turbo's request. I'm looking at a Dyna-Batt or one of the clones but I haven't found anyone local that sells them. You can read all the comparos you want but a personal experience is the best recommendation.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

flt-blk

I've had mine in the car for almost 2 years with no problems.  It starts a
Stude V8 every time, I have welded on the car with the Batt hooked up,
leave the turn signals on fairley often, etc.

I have never had it completley drained or had to jump the car.

For the size it is great, I have it behind the seat in a channeled A pickup with a serious space problem.  I had a neighbor looking at it and eventually used two 6V Lawn mower batteries in his A Coupe.

TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

rumrumm

They tuck up inside the frame rails of a '32 Ford very nicely and they keep the battery out of the trunk which is not very big to begin with. Before buying one I asked the same question on the other website, and people responded positively. That is why I decided to go that direction. I can't report on the performance as the car is not on the street yet, but I'm not worried about it.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com