Crosley to the house phone please

Started by 348tripower, November 27, 2005, 06:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Tony,
 I just put a 700r4 in my 48 F1.  Road testing gives the following results,
1 to 2 shift 15mph, 2 to 3 shift 35 mph, 3 to 4 shift  60 mph if I keep pushing it about 50 if i let up and let it shift.  I have a tci lockup kit in it with the vacuum pulling from the intake manifold.  Does this sound like a good set up?
Thanks.
Don :?:
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "348tripower"Tony,
1 to 2 shift 15mph, 2 to 3 shift 35 mph, 3 to 4 shift  60 mph if I keep pushing it about 50 if i let up and let it shift.  I have a tci lockup kit in it with the vacuum pulling from the intake manifold.  Does this sound like a good set up?
Thanks.

Do the shifts spread out further at more throttle?

The tranny will shift differently from gear ratio and tire size
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "348tripower"Tony,
Thanks.

Do the shifts spread out further at more throttle?

The tranny will shift differently from gear ratio and tire size

The shifts will spread out if I lean on it. I should also add that I am having trouble with the TV cable. It is an aftermarket and I am having trouble getting it to self adjust. ..............so I adjusted it with some load on it and by driving it to see the shift points.  Tci says 15 to 25 30 to 35 and 40 to 45. On Sumners site he says it should down shift back to first if you nail it after the first to second shift. It wont' do that. The first to second shift is hard though. I have 17 inch tires on this thing so they are a pretty big diameter too.
Don
Don Colliau

1FATGMC

Quote from: "348tripower"
It is an aftermarket and I am having trouble getting it to self adjust. ..............so I adjusted it with some load on it and by driving it to see the shift points.  Tci says 15 to 25 30 to 35 and 40 to 45. On Sumners site he says it should down shift back to first if you nail it after the first to second shift. It wont' do that. The first to second shift is hard though. I have 17 inch tires on this thing so they are a pretty big diameter too.
Don

I have had problems with the self adjust also and do it the way I said on my site.  One thing is that you have let it shift into 2nd with just part throttle (normal driving) and if you don't nail it right away you won't get it to back shift.  It should though.  Are you sure you are getting WOT and the pedal isn't hitting carpet or something first?  

Mine does not shift hard on the 1-2 shift, but it is "firm".

c ya, Sum

348tripower

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "348tripower"
It is an aftermarket and I am having trouble getting it to self adjust. ..............so I adjusted it with some load on it and by driving it to see the shift points.  Tci says 15 to 25 30 to 35 and 40 to 45. On Sumners site he says it should down shift back to first if you nail it after the first to second shift. It wont' do that. The first to second shift is hard though. I have 17 inch tires on this thing so they are a pretty big diameter too.
Don

I have had problems with the self adjust also and do it the way I said on my site.  One thing is that you have let it shift into 2nd with just part throttle (normal driving) and if you don't nail it right away you won't get it to back shift.  It should though.  Are you sure you are getting WOT and the pedal isn't hitting carpet or something first?  

Mine does not shift hard on the 1-2 shift, but it is "firm".

c ya, Sum

Sum,
 The term is firm.     I talked to the guy that put the trans together today and he says no problem. He would like to see 18 mph from 1to 2 but  he isn't worried.
Thanks for the reply,
Don :lol:
Don Colliau

1FATGMC

Quote from: "348tripower"The term is firm.     I talked to the guy that put the trans together today and he says no problem. He would like to see 18 mph from 1to 2 but  he isn't worried.

Firm on a normal shift, but pretty hard at WOT on all the shifts.  Mine will shift from 3rd to 4th at WOT at 5000.  I think some won't.  It shifts from 1st to 2nd really fast, probably at about 10 mph with 3.50 gears and 28 inch tires under light throttle.  

Sounds like you are in good shape though  :) .

c ya, Sum

348tripower

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "348tripower"The term is firm.     I talked to the guy that put the trans together today and he says no problem. He would like to see 18 mph from 1to 2 but  he isn't worried.

Firm on a normal shift, but pretty hard at WOT on all the shifts.  Mine will shift from 3rd to 4th at WOT at 5000.  I think some won't.  It shifts from 1st to 2nd really fast, probably at about 10 mph with 3.50 gears and 28 inch tires under light throttle.  

Sounds like you are in good shape though  :) .

c ya, Sum

Ya Sum,
 I finally got to put a few miles on it today. It seem just fine :lol:  On a sad note the reason I got a couple of hours to play is we lost my mother inlaw on Saturday.  Had the vewing today :(  funeral tomorrrow.  Been very busy around here. I just needed to road test this cause it's goin in the basement at Autorama in March. Rat Rod, Rat Truck, Traditional rod, whatever its called.
Don
Don Colliau