Fuel pump for a 305 Chevy

Started by rooster, November 22, 2005, 04:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

Son needs a fuel pump with the plumbing pointing in the right direction, it a little tight now!  Does the pump have to be from a 305 or is 350 ok? We also have some 5/16" lines to run to the tank. Is that large enough? We noticed the supply line to the carb was 3/8".

tomslik

Quote from: "rooster"Son needs a fuel pump with the plumbing pointing in the right direction, it a little tight now!  Does the pump have to be from a 305 or is 350 ok? We also have some 5/16" lines to run to the tank. Is that large enough? We noticed the supply line to the carb was 3/8".

350'll work fine.
pump appears to be off of a 4X4....

and i'd run 3/8 line from the tank
(takes fuel to make hp)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

rooster

It came out of a 2/wd pu 86!

We have about 5 4' lenghts of 5/16 we got at a swap meet this summer was just trying to use it up.

Dont know what the extra fitting is for in picture, But I dont think we need that.

Thanks

tomslik

Quote from: "rooster"It came out of a 2/wd pu 86!

We have about 5 4' lenghts of 5/16 we got at a swap meet this summer was just trying to use it up.

Dont know what the extra fitting is for in picture, But I dont think we need that.

Thanks

ok, it's the 4x4 pump that faces forward.
it's always the "other" one when we order parts....

use the 5/16 for tranny cooler lines.....or the return line from the fuel pump.

the fitting goes to the carb, iffn yer not sure

rooster

tomslik

Quote from: "rooster"Do I need a return line? :shock:

i would (mostly cuz it's be there i i want to change over to efi) but it's not totally nessessary....
kinda helps with vapor lock, used mostlt on a/c equipped cars and trucks

Dave

Quote from: "rooster"Son needs a fuel pump with the plumbing pointing in the right direction, it a little tight now!  Does the pump have to be from a 305 or is 350 ok? We also have some 5/16" lines to run to the tank. Is that large enough? We noticed the supply line to the carb was 3/8".

Ive got a carter and an advance auto number for a pump that will work if you need it. Id just have to find it. I think I may also have a spare pump. pm me if you need the info.
Dave

rooster

Quote from: "N8DC"

Ive got a carter and an advance auto number for a pump that will work if you need it. Id just have to find it. I think I may also have a spare pump. pm me if you need the info.
Dave

Thanks Dave ,he got one yesterday! 75 chevell v8 w/o air!

phat rat

for future info, on some of the aftermarket pumps the top and bottom screw together. I used one like that it allows you to clock the outlet where you want it
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.