mopar s/s rear springs...

Started by tomslik, November 19, 2005, 01:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I have done some readin on the Comp Engineering slide a link....... they seem to function well too
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Caltracs will work with a leaf link suspension too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

parklane

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "parklane"
Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"

sounds like a set of cal-trac's might be an easier option.....

yes it does.

Alright, now if I knew what the heck cal-tracs were, I might have some idea what you're talkin about :?

John :D

http://www.calvertracing.com/

Thanks  Do they work as well as advertized??

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

1FATGMC

I've had cal-tracs on my GMC for over 70,000 miles now and really like them.  

Besides planting the rear on the line and stopping rise on the shifts they also limit the rise of the outside corner side of the car in a turn thus improving cornering.  Like adding an anit-roll bar to the rear.  Other than that they don't limit suspension at all, so you don't know they are there unlike slapper bars.

If I would have started using them earlier I would have saved myself two bent driveshafts that hit the middle crossmember under hard 1-2 shifts.  They stop the rear from twisting which then stops the rear yoke from pointing towards the sky and taking the driveshaft with it while the car squats.  Your car won't squat anymore off the line.  It will save the time it takes the car to do that and will send the car down the track.  The same for the shifts.  The car will just jump straight ahead without squatting.

http://www.calvertracing.com/gallery/g_page2.htm

I've seen some people make copies at home, but they usually aren't anywhere as strong or as adjustable as the ones you buy.  By the time you buy really good rod ends and the rest of the parts you need and machine the bushings for the front spring socket I'll bet you end us spending just as much as buying them and you might not have them figured out the first time through.  They look simple, but there is more to them than first meets the eye.

I can't think of anything negative about them and yes they do what they say they will.  Look at the winners and you will see a LOT of them run cal-tracs.  

I probably should put in new front aluminum bushings now and they don't cost that much to replace and I certainly can't complain with over 70,000 miles on them.

Get some, you will like them,

Sum