700r4 Torque converter bolts

Started by 348tripower, November 17, 2005, 09:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Anybody know what size they are? I see them listed for 350 and 400 transes but none for a 700.
Don
Don Colliau

enjenjo

They are metric, grade 10.6, and I believe they are 10mm x 1.5mm x 15mm.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

You are correct! I finally found out after about an hour of searching. Thanks,
Don

Quote from: "enjenjo"They are metric, grade 10.6, and I believe they are 10mm x 1.5mm x 15mm.
Don Colliau

34ford

So do you use flat or lock washers with the bolts??  The ones I've bought for the 350 before had flat washers with them.

thanks
bob

Crosley.In.AZ

the correct bolts for the t-700 tranny do not require a washer. THe bolt head is a shoulder type bolt.

watch the depth / length of the bolt.  You do not want the bolt to hit the front of the converter shell on any lock up converter.

I would suggest some liquid retaining type stuff on the threads.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

47convert

Quote from: "enjenjo"They are metric, grade 10.6, and I believe they are 10mm x 1.5mm x 15mm.

Just what I've been looking for too. Are these a dealer item? No fastener center around here will sell 3 bolts - it's buy the box or go home.

enjenjo

Don't you have a fastenal store around there? I know you can get them at NAPA or other parts stores, heck the local hardware store even stocks metric bolts.

348tripower

McMaster Carr had a 5 pack and I neede some other fasteners too.

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't you have a fastenal store around there? I know you can get them at NAPA or other parts stores, heck the local hardware store even stocks metric bolts.
Don Colliau

47convert

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't you have a fastenal store around there? I know you can get them at NAPA or other parts stores, heck the local hardware store even stocks metric bolts.
Wouldn't they need to be grade 8. Our hardwares stock grae 5 stuff. I'll chevk out the Napa stores.

tom

mike, try windsor factory. they are usually pretty cooperative when you need just a few bolts.

enjenjo

The grade marking will be 10.6. The grade is metric too. I may be spoiled, in farm country, even the hardware stores stock high grade bolts. :lol:

34ford

I stopped by the shop that built my tranny today and picked up 3 new ones for $.90 each. They have the shoulder on them and 9.8  M stamped on the top of the head. They even have some type of red lock-tite on the threads so you don't have to use any.  So I'm sure any good tranny shop should have them.

bob

47convert

Ordered some from the dealer Friday - should have them Tuesday - What service huh?