Body info

Started by kb426, November 15, 2005, 11:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Has anyone had hands on exp. with Newage Motorsports bodies? Good , bad, otherwise?
TEAM SMART

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "kb426"Has anyone had hands on exp. with Newage Motorsports bodies? Good , bad, otherwise?

A local fellow has been living a nightmare with one of these bodies.  
The owner of the company tried to repair defects unsuccesfully, and offered to buy the body back, but then retracted the offer.

An appeal to the State Attorney General got little results, and  the matter was referred to the state motor vehicle department.

Nothing has been settled yet.

The owner of the company refuses to do anything about the defects.  ....Customer relations is certainly not a priority.

Unless they have something you can not find elsewhere, you may want to keep shopping!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

rumrumm

What body are you looking for?
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

kb426

I'm leaning towards the 5 window.
TEAM SMART

rumrumm

The only 5-Window body manufacturer I can recommend is Downs. They are reputable and produce a good product. Go here:

www.downsmfg.com/documents.php?doc_id=21
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "kb426"Has anyone had hands on exp. with Newage Motorsports bodies? Good , bad, otherwise?

More info at:

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2638&highlight=age+motorsports

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"

A local fellow has been living a nightmare with one of these bodies.  
The owner of the company tried to repair defects unsuccesfully, and offered to buy the body back, but then retracted the offer.

An appeal to the State Attorney General got little results, and  the matter was referred to the state motor vehicle department.

Nothing has been settled yet.

The owner of the company refuses to do anything about the defects.  ....Customer relations is certainly not a priority.

Unless they have something you can not find elsewhere, you may want to keep shopping!

This post is about my comments highlighted here.  

Today, I received a phone call from Ed, the owner of New Age Motorsports.

As usual, there are two sides to a story, and Ed wanted me to hear his side.  

Ed's demeanor was quite pleasant, and he was not at all hostile or confrontational.  

He made me aware of some facts which the disgruntled customer (conveniently?) failed to mention.  

Ed also told me of some "freebies" the customer demanded, which Ed was willing to give to the customer, to compensate for some of the aggravation encountered.  ....I believe that these demands were unreasonable on the part of the customer, and I don't think the customer was entitled to receive them.

An offer to buy the body back WAS made by New Age, but was retracted when the customer wanted more than he paid.

The customer then started a "smear" campaign, distributing flyers at some events, and sending them to some vendors, slamming New Age.  ......Understandably, New Age quickly lost interest in trying to satisfy this customer.

The matter is still unresolved.  ....Sadly, communication between the parties has broken down, to no one's benefit.

The customer feels he did not get what he paid for, but some of his demands are unreasonable.

Ed at New Age expressed a desire to resolve this matter, but feels this is a customer which he can not reasonably satisfy.

From my conversation with Ed, I got the impression that he does indeed care about his product, and is making improvements when possible.

I commend, and appreciate, Ed taking the time to track me down to present his side of the story, in a calm, rational manner, with no malice.  ....He had nothing to gain by contacting me, but he did earn my respect.

For these reasons, I voluntarily retract my statement above that "Customer relations is certainly not a priority."

I've been on both sides of a sale, so I can relate to both parties thoughts.  ....However, very little can get resolved when communication breaks down.  ....Personal/character attacks always inflame a dispute.

I just wanted you all to know!

~~~~Bruce