Radiator tech

Started by e83w, March 07, 2007, 10:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e83w

Just a small tip that may help when fitting a new rad in your ride. I used some of that compressed pink colored foam board to get me rad size. Take two pieces and glue them together to give the right thickness and cut to fit in your ride. Then when you go to the rad shop you have a mock up for them to build what you need and there will be no need for you to make modifications to your ride to get another rad fit. You can glue on mounts with a glue gun and stick the inlet and outlet right into the foam to make sure you get it right the first time.

Russ
Ifn\' it aint Blown, It sucks!

rooster

Great idea! I like it :D

Charlie Chops 1940

Great idea.

When I sized the radiator for my track roadster I made a template out of a piece of 1/4" plywood and used a Sharpie to define the upper and lower tanks and where the drain and hose pipes went.

The hardest part was getting the radiator guy to not put any of his paint on the radiator. That stuff has got to be the foulest paint ever created....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

I'll have to remember that, it sounds better than my method, I make a radiator of corrugated paper. I'll try that next time. Just one question, will blue foam work? :lol:

On another note, after I have the new radiator, and am doing the final fitting, I tape a piece of cardboard on the front and rear of the core, it saves dinging the fins.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

e83w

The blue foam should work, but the pink stuff is a lot denser. Will take a bunch more abuse and is about the same cost wise
Russ

enjenjo

QuoteJust one question, will blue foam work?

My attempt at a joke.

e83w

Ok, you got me   :oops:  

I guess I have to be a little sharper in the morning.

Russ

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"

My attempt at a joke.

heck , I thought that was fatcat??
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

That was a joke on his mother. :lol:

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"Just one question, will blue foam work? :lol:

i think a guy who mows his lawn naked :shock:  and drives a pink car, you shouldn't have to worry about the color of your foam :roll:  :roll:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

10 yrs or so a friend built a card shape of the radiator he wanted a local shop Ron Davis radiators  to build.

it was in full shape and size  3D shape.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

10 yrs or so a friend built a cardboard shape of the radiator he wanted a local shop Ron Davis radiators  to build.

it was in full shape and size  3D shape.
Tony