TH350 question

Started by Inprimer, October 22, 2005, 11:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inprimer

the car is aSBC 30 over this has me baffled!!My tranny shifts well , unknown milage, has been flushed out new front seal and modulator valve before I installed it about 6K ago  shifts fine all through the gears, then when I back off I get this hellacious noise coming from the tranny area, sounds asmatic? I can make the noise go away by shifting into Neutral. if I just back off, it sounds like a person gasping for air,  the fluid is up, nice and clean ,vacumn  hose seems not to have cracks etc, need an opinion before I go to tranny shop any ideas?? Thanks , Serge

enjenjo

I don't have a clue. You sure it's the trans? I'm thinking of a power booster vacuum line if the booster is in that area too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Inprimer

Quote from: "enjenjo"I don't have a clue. You sure it's the trans? I'm thinking of a power booster vacuum line if the booster is in that area too.
The booster is under the floor model, you may be on the right track, will ck it out as soon as a lift is available, thanks,   Serge

Crosley.In.AZ

I wonder if there is a rear diff problem and the noise is traveling up the drive shaft and using the tranny as a speaker?

IS the drive shaft the correct length?  If it is too long and pushing on the output shaft of the trans that will cause some troubles.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Inprimer"sounds asmatic?     it sounds like a person gasping for air

No problem!  8)

Just pour some Albuterol into the tranny, should open it up real quick.  :?

Don't use Primatene, it causes "rebound" Asthma.  :roll:

it may not help your problem tho......... but it sure works on
our little old "lunger" patients.  :P

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

reborn55

Giving away trade secrets? :D

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "reborn55"Giving away trade secrets? :D

Nope, I never tell everything I know, good way to get replaced  :shock:

evey once in a while I get to teach a "newbie" a new trick. 8)

keeps 'em guessing  :?

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

evey once in a while I get to teach a "newbie" a new trick. 8)

keeps 'em guessing  :?

Vance

Absolutely , keep them secrets

We have an experienced newbie at work. He has built mostly stock  trannys for years , he is new to Hughes Performance a month ago.

He is suppose to build two (2)  t-400 trannys a day. He was doing mayb 1.75 a day after a month, that is expected. I was helping build the t-400's so I turned the wick waaay up. I was building & dyno testing  three t-400's a day.

He must have been watching me and is a fast learner.  He now is using many of my procedures to build the t-400's.  He is building more trannys per day now... LOL

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

"old age and treachery shall allways overcome youth and skill"

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

sirstude

Tony,

It sure would be nice if you were up here in the nice fall weather, instead of so far away, then you could rebuild my t400 in just an afternoon.  Now I have to take it to one of the rebuilders here, and that might not be a good thing.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us