anyone seen a 12v water valve to control heater

Started by Ed ke6bnl, October 26, 2005, 04:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed ke6bnl

Has anyone ever seen a 12 volt dc water valve to control the hot water flow to the heater core. 1/2in to 3/4 in.  I want a simple means to control the temp by turning the hot water flow to the coil remotely from the cab. This could then be set up to run off a thermostat to be automatic.  I have seen a couple that might work but were cost prohibitive.  thanks Ed
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,

Skip

Vintage Air, Airtique, etc, all have solenoid operated valves.  

Actually, what they consist of is an electrically operated solenoid valve that controls the vacuum to a standard vacuum-operated shut off valve.

Flip the switch and vacuum is applied to the valve.  Flip it off and the vacuum is removed.

Rather straight forward.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

Jokester

The new Vintage Air valves appear to be motor driven.  They open and close, but no vacuum hoses.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

enjenjo

I'm installing one right now. The only thing is, it's computer controlled, with a processor in the AC controls. The new Vintage Air Gen II. 8 wires from the processor to the valve. I'll look in my books tomorrow and see what I can find.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mr Cool

try your local RV/motorhome supplier, they use 12v solenoids for controlling hot water systems, and they will have what you need.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

Ed ke6bnl

Quote from: "Mr Cool"try your local RV/motorhome supplier, they use 12v solenoids for controlling hot water systems, and they will have what you need.

Good thought I will check a catalog or stop by the local camping world. thanks Ed
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,