Accident

Started by Leon, September 25, 2005, 03:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Two weeks ago we found out that when we bought our home 10 years ago, they transferred the land to us but not the mobile home.  Now everyone is saying it's someone else's fault that it didn't get done, and it's not their problem.  Another example of the "not my fault" society we are now living in today.  I'm living in the place, paying taxes on it for 10 years, and don't own it.  I'm just having too much fun :roll:[/quote]

...ask the city/township for a refund on the taxes you paid, then ask them to send the tax bill to the "real" owners.... :D

Leon

Quote from: "phat46"
...ask the city/township for a refund on the taxes you paid, then ask them to send the tax bill to the "real" owners.... :D
At least being able to show that we paid means we won't owe back taxes on it when we do get it transfered.    I did treaten to have it towed out into the street and then they could contact the "owner" to have him remove it.  I can't even get rid of it to put a new house in its place.  I guess we could have a fire sale :twisted:

Crosley.In.AZ

sheeeeeeesh!  quite the stories guys.  it is safe to say that many people do not take responsiblity or think about their actions.  No common courtesy used much any more.

Last week we bought 2 carts worth of lumber ( 2x8x10 , 4x6x8 , misc ) at Lowes.......I rolled one cart outside to the loading area as Jaince was paying the bill. I ran to our truck parked near the area , then drove it back over to load. I walked inside as Janice is struggling to roll the 2nd cart outside  as 4 men(?) watched.  One guy was so old his skin was nearly clear, so he was sorta excused, the others were young dorks as Purpletrkguy mentions

I looked at them ( with out thinking) I say :" None of you lazy F**ks can help a woman push a cart?"  There was no response.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

ATTA BOY TONY!!!!

sometimes ya just gotta let 'em know
how you feel.   :evil:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

My  Pontiac got nailed in a parking lot today, the second time in the last two years. The driver took off, but a young lady got his licence number for me, and the owner of the store had his name. fortunately for him, he called the house before I called him, conscience I guess. He wanted me to take it to his body man, "who fixes used cars". I said no, we'll use my body man. We'll see how this works out. Last resort, I'll turn it in to the insurance.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"My  Pontiac got nailed in a parking lot today, the second time in the last two years. The driver took off, but a young lady got his licence number for me, and the owner of the store had his name. fortunately for him, he called the house before I called him, conscience I guess. He wanted me to take it to his body man, "who fixes used cars". I said no, we'll use my body man. We'll see how this works out. Last resort, I'll turn it in to the insurance.

I hope it works out for you !

2 years ago my niece's car was wacked in a parking lot.  As she came out the guy was writing down information to put on her car.  My niece soon learned ALL the information was incorrect that he had written down.  

My niece's  friend wrote the plate number down from his car, another gal walked up and gave my niece his real name , phone number and address. It seems the guy was the ladys man ( not).

The young lad was surprised when my brother came looking for him to pay for damage.

:shock:
Tony

enjenjo

Well, since he owns a business here in town, it will probably work out.

58 Yeoman

Years ago, we were in LaCrosse, WI, and came to an intersection that had just had a hit 'n run accident.  I was in the left turn lane, when some kid came up on my right, tapped my Buick (which had already been in an accident a couple weeks before), and he took off.  I chased him, got him stopped and took his license #.  I told him I was going back to the scene and turn his number in to the cops if he didn't come back.  He did.  The original hit'n runner had lost his license plate at the scene.  We heard over the police radio that they had already caught him.

Back in the late 70's, my wife and kids were sitting in our new Aspen while I was in a store.  She came in and told me that a guy had parked his big car next to ours,and when he opened his door, hit ours and scraped off the wood grain.  He went into the store next to the one I was in.  I went out, saw the damage, then kicked in the bottom of his door, and went back in to the store.  He came out, looked at the dent, shook his head, and went back in the other store.

In the early 70's, an 89 year old woman turned left into me on my cycle.  Totalled the bike, sent me flying about 25 feet, and was on crutches for a couple weeks.  The state cop came to the health service where they were cleaning up my leg, and gave me her info.  He said she didn't have insurance, and wanted to know who was going to fix her car.  I didn't.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, since he owns a business here in town, it will probably work out.

hee hee .... Kool
Tony

enjenjo

The best part, when he called me, I already had his name, licence number, what business he owned ect. Then I mentioned his dad's name. He couldn't believe I knew that much about him that fast.

Leon

Got some good news on mine - the bumper and parking light went in for chrome last Friday.  The bumper needed minor work to clean up the damage before rechroming.  The whole front end had to be taken apart to get at the parking light and to clear the fender for repairs so it gives me the chance to detail the grille while it is off.  When the parking light comes back from chrome the car will go to the shop so they can do the fender, in the mean time the car is home since the shop feels I probably have more secure storage space than them until it goes into the booth.  
Her insurance is taking 100% responsibility on my repairs and is not questioning it at all.  I think I got lucky on this one and will have the car back to normal in a few weeks.

Crosley.In.AZ

Sounds like both of these recent incidents will end in good form.

:arrow:   8)
Tony