Any word from Bry yet?

Started by KustomLincolnLady, October 26, 2005, 02:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Just wondered if anyone had heard from Bryan yet?  Hope everything turned out ok for him!!!
Debb

Rayvyn

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Just wondered if anyone had heard from Bryan yet?  Hope everything turned out ok for him!!!
Debb

I DID!!
Actually I'm doing great. The storm stayed south of us. We did get 50-60 mph winds for a couple of hours, but no damage except for a few tree limbs.
I've been over in St. Lucie County since Tuesday where my sister lives. She's only about 45 miles north of Palm Beach. She got hit hard. No power yet since Monday, solar panels lifted off the roof causing sheating, shingle and truss damage, shingles missing, screen enclosure over the pool was obliterated, fence down, big pine trees down across the yard with power lines wrapped around them, a large chunk of someone's roof is laying in her backyard-trusses still attached, garage door bent almost in half (pressure pops them out and the wind rips them apart) causing damage to the front of the house, some window frames are buckled from the pressure bowing them in and out, and some idiot left an aluminum ladder laying out somewhere and the wind threw it into her pool, cracking a bunch of tile and the Marcite finish. I helped her cleanup as much as we could, and shored up some of the structural damage for her.

Other than that, she's not hurt, just fed up. 2 storms made landfall right over her house last year and this one was the clincher. As soon as the house is fixed, she's selling and getting out of harms way. She said she was laying in the bathtub with her 2 small dogs and a matress over her, and she could hear the roof being lifted and slammed back down time and time again. She shut all the doors throughout the house to cut down on flying debris if windows got broke, and the house shrunk and swelled so much from the pressue changes during the storm, that the doors popped open by themselves. Now some of them won't close. Thank goodness she only has the damage she has. Alot of homes over there are still waiting for repairs from last years storms, and now they're totaled from this one
Now she has to fight with FEMA and the insurance company. That could be worse than the storm...
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Mr Cool

Quote from: "Rayvyn"She said she was laying in the bathtub with her 2 small dogs and a matress over her, and she could hear the roof being lifted and slammed back down time and time again. She shut all the doors throughout the house to cut down on flying debris if windows got broke, and the house shrunk and swelled so much from the pressue changes during the storm, that the doors popped open by themselves.
:shock: Now THAT would be a frightening experience. :shock:
I often wonder why people would live in places like that, cant say I wouldnt move either.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

Crosley.In.AZ

that experience is something that would have me moving.

good to hear things are doing well as can be with you.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)