danny's auto glass

Started by 48ford, September 22, 2005, 07:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Hi,
Has anyone had any dealings with Danny's autoglass in Hampton,Va. ?
He has the best price on a one piece windshield for our 46 sedan.
He came in at $320,including gasket+ $70.00 shipping.
Is he good,bad,anyone know?
Thanks Russ&irene

Charlie Chops 1940

Russ,

I haven't dealt with him but that's about 1/2 of what I was quoted for my convert last year at the Nats.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

48ford

The price seems low to me too. I know the glass is made in Mexico,I will talk to them again befor I order the windshield.
Russ

coupla48s

[Being originally from Hampton, I can say Danny's had a good rep for standard replacement glass.  Don't know their history with street rod glass.

Kevin in Seattle
Kevin in Seattle

Okiedokie

I have looked at these pieces at NSRA events in our area. Although I don't remember exact pricing, I don't think either one were more than that. Have one friend who bought one for his 40 and $250 seems right. Seems like that may have been minus the seal, but he was replacing a one piece, so he had the seal. Can't you look at the glass before you buy it? All the one piece for fat fendered cars seem to have distortion in the center.

48ford

I have looked at a few,and yes they all have some distortion in the center,seems all the glass is made in Mexico. My glass is original and it's got bubbles in the plastic,and the seal leaks bad(it rained on the way home Sunday),So If I v-butt or one piece I should do something and the CEO (Irene) likes the looks of the 1 piece better. I will let everyone know how it works out.
a related subject,Ever notice when people strip the stainless off the windshield they keep the stainless center bar,I think it looks nicer when you paint the center stainless bar black,after you remove the rest of the stainless. But thats just me
Russ&Irene

48ford

I got my new windshield today,it was packed verry well,and was not broken,I will install it next week,Wish me luck.I want it installed before I go in to have my knee replaced on the 26 th.If not it will get broken sitting in the shop for 6 weeks for sure.
Russ&Irene

longislandvic

i just got off the phone wt the guy out west he wants 340 plus 65 for the seal plus 65 too ship...whats dannys phone #

48ford

Quote from: "longislandvic"i just got off the phone wt the guy out west he wants 340 plus 65 for the seal plus 65 too ship...whats dannys phone #
I talked to a nice woman by the name of
Sarah Stone
at Dannys Glass
There Number is 1-757-826-3485
I got the one with green tint and a dark tint on the top of the glass.
Russ&Irene