Straight 8 needed...........

Started by 1FATGMC, October 03, 2005, 04:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

Someone on the landracing board is looking for the following motor to use in a b'ville car:

Quote from: "landracing.com board"LOOKING FOR NASH 9 MAIN STRAIGHT 8 ENGINE OR 320 CU IN BUICK 8 ENGINE FOR LSR PROJECT  GOOD CORE ENGINES WITH THE RIGHT PRICE EMAIL RON AT CARTERIORS@AOL.COM

Enjenjo or anyone else seen one?

c ya, Sum

rooster

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Someone on the landracing board is looking for the following motor to use in a b'ville car:

Quote from: "landracing.com board"LOOKING FOR NASH 9 MAIN STRAIGHT 8 ENGINE OR 320 CU IN BUICK 8 ENGINE FOR LSR PROJECT  GOOD CORE ENGINES WITH THE RIGHT PRICE EMAIL RON AT CARTERIORS@AOL.COM

c ya, Sum

A buddy of mine has one! Its out of a 47 Buck coupe and has a trans on it, he was asking 200.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "rooster"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"Someone on the landracing board is looking for the following motor to use in a b'ville car:

c ya, Sum

A buddy of mine has one! Its out of a 47 Buck coupe and has a trans on it, he was asking 200.

Can you e-mail Ron or give me some info?

I grew up in north St. Louis County between Ferguson and Florissant (now Ferguson).  Where are you?

c ya, Sum

rooster

Call Mike at 314 966 2535, Kirkwood area, I44 at 270. Im in Fenton!

1FATGMC

Quote from: "rooster"Call Mike at 314 966 2535, Kirkwood area, I44 at 270. Im in Fenton!

Thanks, I'll get that to them,

Sum

Bib_Overalls

Call Darwin Albritton at Darwin's Hot Rod Shop, (870) 932-3667.

He just pulled one out of a running car that is getting a late power train.  

Make offer.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

OldSub

There is a '47 Sedanette advertised in the Oregon, Washington and Idaho Auto Trader for $2500.  Ad says it has a complete straight-8.

I want the rest of the car...

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

sirstude

Does anyone know if that is the motor that would be in my 41 Buick parts car.  I know nothing about early Buicks, just that the body is the same as my Oldsmobile.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

To be a 320 ci engine, it has to be a Roadmaster or Century
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Thanks Frank, I think this is a Special, it is an overhead valve straight 8 though.  How big is the small one?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

rooster

Are the small block and large blocks of the same casting with a different bore? how do you tell them apart?

The one my buddy has is out of a 47 Sedanette but it is rebuilt and a runner, but might not be the right CI.

He would like to get rid of the whole car, (lost intrest) the car has a different frame under it.

sirstude

I found the info, looks like bore and stroke.  This page has all that stuff.

http://www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com/1941buick/Engine Specifications.htm
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

Sorry, the link did not post correctly.  You need the entire line, including
Engine Specification.htm   I'm not sure how to post a long address.

www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com/1941buick/Engine specifications.htm
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

1FATGMC

Ron got back to me on the straight 8:

THE MOTOR IM LOOKING FOR IS THE 320 CU IN  HAS 3 FREZEE PLUGS ON SIDE OF THE BLOCK WE WILL PUT A BELT DRIVIN 6:71 ON THE ENGINE WITH A ENDERLE BIRD CATCHER IT WILL GO IN A 27 FORD MODIFIED ROADSTER SENDING A PHOTO OF OUR PRESENT CAR THANKS FOR INFO

He also said he would check on the leads you guys gave him.  Hey Doug that was a good link you supplied.  These are HEAVY motors  :shock:.

If anyone else has a lead get it to me or Ron.

Thanks again,

Sum