I lost one of my dearest friends today

Started by Roadstar, September 28, 2005, 06:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

My friend Bob Rendon Known as "Poncho" to many Passed away today from a long loosing battel with cancer. It has been rough to see him go like this.

He was the kind of guy that was almost never sick. HE never even was in a hospital untill they found out last winter.

It's really hard to even begin to say much more, so I'll leave you with a link to the HAMB that his Nephew Tony another dear friend posted  this afternoon.

It tells alot of his history with drag racing along with some rare photos of him and his cars.

Rest in Peace my dear friend :(

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72590

34ford

Roadstar,

Sorry to for the loss of a your close friend. From reading the post on the HAMB seems like he would be a great person to know and hang out with. Looked like he was quite a character.  8)  

bob

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend........May he rest in peace after a long,hard fought battle.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

I'm sorry to hear that Rudy, I knew he was sick.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Sorry for your loss. I knew of him back when drag racing was fun.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

I didn't know him but I've seen his cars run.  It sounds like he was one of the Friday night regulars that hung out at your shop.  Really sorry for your loss Rudy. :cry:
George

Crosley.In.AZ

it is tough to watch a friend go like this.

remember the good times when you can
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Sorry to hear that Rudy. I saw his nephews post earlier today and kinda wondered if it was getting close. I swapped next to him at some of the show. Poncho was a First Class guy.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Sorry to hear that, my sympathies to you and his family. tha's a tough way to go.

34ford

Rudy,

Something on the up side is your car is on page 21 of the new Goodguys mag on page 21. :D  About a 4x6 color image at Columbus. They really up the bar on the new magazine this month.

bob

Topsterguy

I've watched a couple of pals go that way too, and for sure it's a sad thing to watch. Sorry for your loss, and as I thought for my pals, at least he's finished fighting it.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

slocrow

Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

jaybee

Rudy, I'm sorry to hear that.  There aren't any words that are adequate at times like this, so suffice to say that our thoughts and prayers are with you and all of his family and friends.  You'll all get through it together.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

rumrumm

My condolences, Rudy. It's tough to lose friends as most of us have at one time or other. They live on in our hearts and minds. Time may take away the pain, but there will always be a hole that can never be filled. Hopefully, there will be a time when we can all meet again.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com